× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New files not recognised

Leads
Aspirant

New files not recognised

Hi all. Had a ReadyNas Duo for about 3 years now.
I've also had the problem here viewtopic.php?f=22&t=70218 and here viewtopic.php?f=22&t=55697 with multiple files showing but in the last week or so it just isn't showing newly added files. I had the files using a Mac, just drag and drop like I've done for the past three years.

Neither the PS3 or 8Player on the iPad shows the new files.

I was getting fed up with it showing dozens of the same file so in the browser settings (ReadyDLNA) I rescanned the media files and since then nothing new has shown.
I've restarted the service a couple of times but no luck.
Automatically update database is ticked and I'm running RAIDiator 4.1.13 which seems to be the latest update.

Any ideas?
Cheers
Tom
Message 1 of 11
StephenB
Guru

The DLNA scanner might have crashed - especially if there is some media that isn't quite up to spec.

There is a debug add-on you can install (which acts as a toggle and increases the logging level). Search for that, and maybe try installing it.

You don't want massive log files though, so make sure you toggle it again when you are done debugging.
Message 2 of 11
Leads
Aspirant

Thanks Stephen. At the risk of looking like a fool, I can't find the debug tool. Have you got a link? Can't see it on the readynas site.
Message 3 of 11
StephenB
Guru

Message 4 of 11
Leads
Aspirant

Cheers. Never been to that site before, I'll have a nose around.

I've installed this and logging is enabled. Where and when does this happen? The logs list looks the same. I'll kick off a media rescan anyway...
Message 5 of 11
StephenB
Guru

upnp-av.log should be a lot bigger.

Basically you are looking to find the file that crashed the scan.
Message 6 of 11
Leads
Aspirant

Hi.

Turned the readynas on this morning and downloaded the logs after adding a couple of files.

Not sure if this is an error or not
[2014/05/09 09:11:16] inotify.c:92: error: inotify_add_watch(/c/media/Documents/backup_2014_01_12/path/to/my/directory) [No space left on device]

That's on line 8199 of 15000 (ish) lines.

Can't see any logs of when I tried to add a file.

Checking the Volumes: 1104 GB (59%) of 1853 GB used
Message 7 of 11
StephenB
Guru

Do you have ssh installed? I'm wondering if the issue is that there's no space in the sql database where the ReadyDLNA keeps the media information.

By default that is on the 2 GB OS partition (which you can't see without ssh). There is an add-on that moves it to the C volume - which is a good idea, especially on the v1 NAS which have the smallest OS partition.
Message 8 of 11
Leads
Aspirant

I don't recall installing ssh myself, so unless it's on my default. How can I check if it's on?
Message 9 of 11
StephenB
Guru

It is not on by default. You'd need to install an add-on to get it (http://www.readynas.com/?p=4203). And install a tool like putty on the PC as well.
Message 10 of 11
Leads
Aspirant

I had another look at this at the weekend. The errors were happening in a folder to do with Node (I used Node for web development) and there were thousands of files in those folders. I deleted those folders and since then it seems to be ok adding files and the files get picked up by the PS3 and such.
Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements