× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Pro6 Upgraded from OS6.X to 6.2 Lost Raidar Access

Pro6 Upgraded from OS6.X to 6.2 Lost Raidar Access

Hi,
I had my readynas Pro6 with 6 3TB drives running perfectly with OS6.X from the start, it was actually a breeze. Then I upgraded it to OS6.2 without a problem and it ran for a month perfectly. I had a UPS fail which I am assuming rocked the readynas and my 3 other readynas machines with hard unexpected shutdowns.
Three of my 4 ReadyNAS boxes came up without issue but the Pro6 came up on the wrong IP. I attempted to access it from Raidar and it won't let me access (it shows the drives and the OS version). I am not able to access through SSH either. Here is the odd part, it said something like 30% full on the screen once during boot up and I know its about 70% full. I adjusted my router to put the MAC address at the previous assigned IP which was successful. I was still unable to access with Raidar or SSH.

I also attempted to restore the OS 6.2 firmware from the tech menu and that did not change a thing. I am able to browse all my shares and even my Plex addin is still working just fine.

I can see all the shares and access them. a quick test shows all my data is there and accessible but I just cant get in. As all of you know moving 12TB of data will take weeks to get off the NAS so I am trying to avoid that.

Any ideas would be profusely appreciated to get me back up. I didnt want to try a USB OS restore yet and decided to post here for some ideas so I don't do any damage.

Thanks for all your assistance, ideas or solutions.

Brett
Message 1 of 8
RX
Luminary
Luminary

Since you are able to access the shares but cannot get the data, have you tried connecting a PC directly to your ReadyNAS Pro6 and check if you are able to access and get your data stored in it?
Message 2 of 8
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

USB Boot Recovery is a last resort. I wouldn't try that.
Message 3 of 8

Ixa wrote:
Since you are able to access the shares but cannot get the data, have you tried connecting a PC directly to your ReadyNAS Pro6 and check if you are able to access and get your data stored in it?

I don't need to connect directly. I can access everything on the shares still, I just cannot access raidar.
Message 4 of 8
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

The web admin UI isn't working for you?

What error do you get when you go to that? Does it show "Device Offline" or do you get a different error?
Message 5 of 8
akrovel
Aspirant

I've gotten the same issue. After upgrading to 6.2 on my ReadyNAS Pro6 I get a device is offline warning when I connect to the admin page. My ReadyNAS is not sending out alert messages as well, but the rest of the services are working. Is there a way to restart the box without using the power button?

I'm currently running on version 6.2.2, but have the same problem. This problem came with upgrading from 6.1.9 to 6.2
Message 6 of 8
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Do you have SSH access?
Message 7 of 8
akrovel
Aspirant

No, I haven't enabled SSH access. But I can do so after next hard reset of the Pro6. The Admin view is working the first hours after reboot
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements