× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Problem umount volume after one disk failure on RNDU2000 #27445297

cedreek
Aspirant

Problem umount volume after one disk failure on RNDU2000 #27445297

Hello Netgear Community!!!

First, I apologize for my english (I'm french).

I've got a problem on my ReadyNAS Ultra 2 (2 * 2 terabyte) sync on X-RAID to mirroring my datas between my 2 HDD.

A few days ago, one HDD has failed. Later, unable to connect to nas shares. I immediatly look at the logs and I see :

"The paths for the shares listed below could not be found. Typically, this occurs when the readyNAS is unable to access the data volume. .....<list of the shares>....".

I then go in the volume management menu and I see an other pop-up error who accurate no volume is mounted.

I decide to connect through SSH.

When I list disk partitions (fdisk -l), I note that the partition that contains the datas is not present.

I've tried to mount many partitions that I see into /dev without success.

My questions are :

- Is there someone who has had this problem or almost the same ?

- How to solve it ?

- Is it possible to read X-RAID disk on ubuntu system, GParted or other linux distribution ?

I think it's a firmware problem when the nas mounting volumes, or a security of its system (X-RAID) that stop the mounting of volumes as the failed HDD has not be changed.

My readynas contains 12 years of family pics, personal documents and working files, so I will be disappointed to have lost everything.

Thank's a lot If you have the solution !!!

By

Model: RNDU2000 |READYNAS ULTRA 2 |EOL
Message 1 of 3
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Problem umount volume after one disk failure on RNDU2000 #27445297

You should contact support for this one then, and in future backup your data at least the irreplaceable stuff like family pics...

Message 2 of 3
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Problem umount volume after one disk failure on RNDU2000

Hello cedreek,

I checked your profile and found that you have already opened a ticket with the support team. Please continue with it.

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements