× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RN102 can't access admin page after upgrade FW

snstak
Aspirant

RN102 can't access admin page after upgrade FW

After upgrading FW to 6.5.1 admin page became inaccesible, neither from IE not from Raidar. Admin password in Raidar doesn't accepted (but was actual before upgrade and didn't change). What is a way for recovering?

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 15
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi snstak,

Have you tried other web browsers like Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome? Using other browser modes (private/incognito) would also help. Your last option here would be performing an OS reinstall

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 15
snstak
Aspirant

Hi, BrianL

Yes, sure. I've tried Chrome, the same - no result. And I also I've re-installed FW and nothing changed.

Most of strange is that Raidar declined my admin psw, which I didn't change and I have used it just before upgrade FW via admin page.

Message 3 of 15
snstak
Aspirant

win.png

Windows network diagnostic report

Message 4 of 15
StephenB
Guru

An OS reinstall will reset the NAS to use DHCP and also reset the admin password to "password"  Other settings won't change.

Message 5 of 15
snstak
Aspirant

Raidar declines both my admin pswd and "password" too, after re-installation OS. And I can't connect to admin page - "this page can't be displayed" reported by IE11.

Message 6 of 15
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi snstak,

If you can confirm that you've done the OS reinstall procedure correctly, I suggest that you connect your ReadyNAS system to one of your PCs via LAN and test if you can access the admin page.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 7 of 15
snstak
Aspirant

Hi BrianL,

Yes, I've done OS re-installation according to manual /disk 2 LED only lighting by BackUp button selection is done and Reset button for confirm boot selection mode/. I've done that procedure several time without result. It actually changes psw for root user to "password", as I see in PuTTY connection, but admin user psw doesn't change to default /"password"/, so under Raidar ReadyNAS declines default psw. And admin page still inaccessible in spite of ReadyNAS obtained IP in the range of my network router settings. Under PuTTY I can change root psw to any I want, system cofirms that and I see that it actually changed, but admin psw doesn't change in spite of system confirms that psw is successfully changed.

Thanks and regards

Message 8 of 15
snstak
Aspirant

BrianL,

Could say what is set as shell for admin user, as I see in passwd file content in my case it is "/bin/false". May it be the reason of such strange behaviour of my ReadyNAS?

Thanks and ragards

Message 9 of 15
snstak
Aspirant

Actually, I found that I connect to RNAS via Network, but it shows me content of index.html file, which is placed in folder /var/www on the RNAS, instead of admin web page.

Message 10 of 15
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi snstak,

Can you try accessing the shares or folders via File Explorer using \\NAS-IP Address? With regard to your admin page problem, we might need remote access to fix that.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 11 of 15
PC1staid
Aspirant

Hi, I have had the same issue recently, try access via user name= admin password= password,

I found all my accounts had been wiped and all share settings gone

Message 12 of 15
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi PC1staid,

Did you get or encounter an error message? How did you find out that all your accounts /or users and settings been wiped out? I suggest that you try other web browser/s and use other browsing (private/incognito) mode.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 13 of 15
StephenB
Guru

@BrianL2 wrote:

Hi PC1staid,

Did you get or encounter an error message? How did you find out that all your accounts /or users and settings been wiped out? I suggest that you try other web browser/s and use other browsing (private/incognito) mode.

I think the story is here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS/Unable-to-set-up-a-share-or-access-remotly/td-p...

Message 14 of 15
PC1staid
Aspirant

Hi managed to access the NAS again by putting the default username and password. StevenB spent a while with me going through a few things. It is unclear as to why my accounts were wiped and the shares all gone. Even now, I have remade the new accounts but still unable to access directly via the new accounts. I have managed to circumvent the issues with the shares but still in the dark as to the reasons why. Netgear tech support were worse than usless. StevenB knows his stuff... I am sure he can ppoint you in the right direction.

Message 15 of 15
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements