× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN10200 DNLA viseo streaming

T_Dave
Aspirant

RN10200 DNLA viseo streaming

Hello - Hoping someone can help me.

I'm having a strange problem with my ReadyNAS 10200 with firmware v6.7.1 connected to a PC running Windows 10, (I was having the same problem with firmware v6.7.5 so went back to 6.7.1 to see if that would solve my issue). I have been running this NAS for a year or two and have been able to stream both video and music files to various devices using ReadyDNLA without any issues.

However for the last month or so when I browse my devices to play a video file located on the NAS the devices report "no files" found, music files will play, however not all the music located on the NAS shows up on the devices.

I have tried turning DNLA on and off, removed shares and recreated them, re-booted numerous times, services turned on are SMB, AFP, iTunes, ReadyDNLA, UPnP, HTTP and HTTPS.

ReadyDNLA auto scan enabled (has been reset) and Rescanned (tried this with and without re-booting the NAS).

NAS is connected to my router, and is seen and availble on my network, I have installed PLEX and can stream video files (that dont need transcoding).

Any ideas on what to do next ? Thanks 

Model: RN10200|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: RN10200 DNLA viseo streaming

One option is to use plex for music too.

Message 2 of 4
T_Dave
Aspirant

Re: RN10200 DNLA video streaming

Thanks for responding StephenB.

Yes that is an option and that does work, maybe I'm being a bit stubborn but I'm determined to find the cause.

As I've previously been able to stream both audio and video (wifi) direct from the RN10200 to various devices using the ReadyDNLA server something has obviously changed - finding what that change was and rectfying it is what I'm hoping to achieve!

I'm currently rescanning DNLA media - the message in DLNA settings pop up says "rescanning in progress"" how long should that take?

I have 317 Gb on the NAS drives and about 1.5 Tb on a USB drive attached to the NAS USB 3.0 port.

Once rescanning is complete should there be a message indicating it has completed succesfully?

Model: RN10200|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2-Bay (Diskless)
Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: RN10200 DNLA video streaming

The DLNA scan is looking at each media file in the shares which have DLNA enabled.  Metadata is exacted and put into the ReadyDLNA database.  The speed depends on how many media files there are (the size of each doesn't matter that much).

Its been a while since I had it on- so I don't recall if there is a notification.  Though there should be a log entry at least.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements