× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RN314-Err Used Disks after firmware upgrade 6.6.0 to 6.7.1

Amit_W
Aspirant

RN314-Err Used Disks after firmware upgrade 6.6.0 to 6.7.1

Hello,

I just ran an update of firmware on my NAS device from 6.6.0 to 6.7.1, with 4 drive bay on RAID 5

After the upgrade it requested a reboot , however on restart it is now giving an Error on the LED

"ERR Used Disks check RAIDar"

RAIDar is shoiwng message of previously used disks (Dirty disks) and asking  for a format.

I havent backed up the data and therefore formatting is not an option

I have tried booting by removing one drive at a time incase a single drive is faulty and causing the issue but no luck, still shows the same error everytime

Can anyone help please

Thank you

Amit

Model: RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4-Bay
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Amit_W
Aspirant

Dear John,

I managed to get some assistance and copy away the data to external USB through the tech support boot menu option.

Have now gone back to factory default on the NAS and rebuilding the volumes.

Thank you.

Regards

Amit

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Amit_W,

Welcome to the community!

You may want to check the health of the disks first. You can use the disk manufacturer's disk diagnostic tools (SeaTools for SeaGate disks, WD Data LifeGuard Diagnostics for Western Digital disks).

Upon checking on our system, you have a lifetime chat support with NETGEAR. I suggest to contact NETGEAR Support so they can also further investigate the issue.

Regards,

JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 6
Amit_W
Aspirant

Hi Jihn,

Thanks, i check teh harddrives and they seem to be fine. Since the issue happened immediatly after an upgarde of teh firmware i suspect that this is related with the OS or corrupt firmware upgrade

Unfortuantl ythe online Chat support has been unvailable. I would format the harddrives and start again as suggested by RAIDar but i require the data and cannot afford to loose this

Regards

Amit 

Message 3 of 6
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Amit_W,

Th error that you are getting is probably would be caused by a full root volume. 

If you are able to boot the NAS in Tech Support mode, it will be best to contact NETGEAR support ( https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx) so they can access the NAS. If chat is unavailable, you may contact them via phone but you will be required to purchase a support contract before they can assist you.

Regards,

JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 6
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Amit_W,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution.

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 6
Amit_W
Aspirant

Dear John,

I managed to get some assistance and copy away the data to external USB through the tech support boot menu option.

Have now gone back to factory default on the NAS and rebuilding the volumes.

Thank you.

Regards

Amit

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements