× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN314 Won't copy ALL files to NAS

rd94
Aspirant

RN314 Won't copy ALL files to NAS

Having a weird issue...

End user inserts a CD into local PC, tries to copy all folders to a share on the NAS, and only a handful of files/folders are copied before it quits. No error, acts as though it's finished. Does the same from several PCs, however, from some PCs, it copies fine. Furthermore, when same end-user tries to delete the folder she created, it doesn't go away. The PCs that CAN copy all the files, can ALSO delete the folder.

Seeming like a permission issue, but Everyone is set to Read/Write. Setup is SMB/AFP on only one folder.

Thanks all. Been playing around for a day with this, and finally decided to seek help.

Will
Message 1 of 7
RX
Luminary
Luminary

Re: RN314 Won't copy ALL files to NAS

rd94 wrote:
The PCs that CAN copy all the files, can ALSO delete the folder.

Seeming like a permission issue, but Everyone is set to Read/Write. Setup is SMB/AFP on only one folder

Since the PC can copy and delete all of the files from the CD, have you tried to copy and delete those same files from PC to the NAS?
What is the current firmware version of your NAS?
Are the PC/s belong to a domain or AD?
Message 2 of 7
Nhellie
Virtuoso

How do you copy the files? What protocol are you using (ftp, smb. etc)?
Message 3 of 7
StephenB
Guru

On the problematic PCs - did you try copying the CD to a local folder on the PC? If so, did you then try coping that local folder to the NAS?
Message 4 of 7
rd94
Aspirant

Thanks all.

I'm only at this client once a week. As for your queries...

Yes, copying the CD to a local folder on the PC works fine on the problematic PCs. I originally thought it was a CD problem.

As for the copying procedure, just opening up the CD in Windows Explorer and drag/drop. Using SMB and AFP.

Firmware is current. 6.2.4

No AD, this is just a straight-up SMB share, users have the drive mapped through Explorer.

No, I have not tried copying those files to the PC, then the PC to the NAS. I will give that a try.
Message 5 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

As a test have you tried creating a new share with default permissions and copying the files from the CD on a problematic PC to that share?
Message 6 of 7
rd94
Aspirant

No, I haven't, I will try that later this afternoon when it slows a little.
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements