× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RND2150/2 drivers

Pacemaker65
Aspirant

RND2150/2 drivers

Hi does any one know where to get drivers for the RND2150/2 , I have been trying for a long time to connect to it but my old pc went bang and now there does not appear to be drivers on the Netgear site ??????

thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 18

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: RND2150/2 drivers

Get the appropriate Java from https://www.java.com/en/ - note a reboot might be required to become active.

RAIDar 6.5 download is available from https://kb.netgear.com/20684/ReadyNAS-Downloads?article=20684#raidar - the challenge required might be on how to download the .exe file ...

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 18

All Replies
Sandshark
Sensei

It's a NAS, accessed like a server over a network.  You don't need drivers.  You can download RAIDar, but it's just an aid in finding and maintaining your NAS.

However, you have two problems because of the age of the unit's OS:  modern browsers won't allow you to access it (for either share access or admin UI access) because it's limited to TLS V1.0, and SMB1, to which your NAS is also limited, is depreciated in Windows and Mac OS's.  You can enable it in Windows, I don't know about Mac,

Assuming you have a Windows machine, using Edge in IE mode should allow you to access the interface.

Message 2 of 18
schumaku
Guru

RND2150/2 reads like a ReadyNAS RND2150 v2. No driers required, as this is a network attached storage device (NAS). You access this from Windows (or any other computer able to access SMB 1.0*) computer using the SMB protocol. Sure, you might have to enable SMB 1.0 (CIFS) support on your newer Windows 10/11.  Smarter (but requiring some more effort) would be to migrate this to a ReadyNAS OS 6 system. Yes, this isn't really supported - but this applies to your outdated NAS anyway.

Message 3 of 18
Pacemaker65
Aspirant

Thank you for the assistance but I am not that compute savy

Message 4 of 18
Pacemaker65
Aspirant

Thank you for the help but I am not computer savy

Message 5 of 18
schumaku
Guru

@Pacemaker65 wrote:

Thank you for the assistance but I am not that compute savy

While the process is not difficult: Most active users here never had to convert an r4 to an OS6 system. Doing it requires a full backup (independent of the  the ReadyNAS), inherits the need for a factors reset including erasing all existing volumes. Take it as a not so-smart advise from my side.

Message 6 of 18
StephenB
Guru

Start by installing RAIDar 6.5 on the new PC from here:

Let us know if it finds the NAS on your network.  If it does, then give us the IP address and any status.

If you know how to take a Windows screen shot, then try posting the RAIDar screen that way.

Message 7 of 18
Pacemaker65
Aspirant

Hi what one my unit is not listed ( RND2150/2 )

Message 8 of 18
schumaku
Guru

@Pacemaker65 wrote:

Hi what one my unit is not listed ( RND2150/2 )

...for RAIDar v6.5? It's completely hardware independent 8-) 

Message 9 of 18
Pacemaker65
Aspirant

thank you for the information but  I do not have Java loaded there for Raidar 6.0 will not down load. I have tried loading Java and no go

Message 10 of 18
schumaku
Guru

Get the appropriate Java from https://www.java.com/en/ - note a reboot might be required to become active.

RAIDar 6.5 download is available from https://kb.netgear.com/20684/ReadyNAS-Downloads?article=20684#raidar - the challenge required might be on how to download the .exe file ...

Message 11 of 18
StephenB
Guru

@Pacemaker65 wrote:

thank you for the information but  I do not have Java loaded there for Raidar 6.0 will not down load. I have tried loading Java and no go

The newest version of Java I got to work was Java 8.  In particular, this binary worked correctly:

No idea if you'll neet to remove the existing JVM before you install this or not.

Message 12 of 18
Pacemaker65
Aspirant

Thank you for the help.

Loaded Java and Raidar 6.0 but still can not find the NAS

Message 13 of 18
StephenB
Guru

How long has it been since you were able to access the NAS?

@Pacemaker65 wrote:

Loaded Java and Raidar 6.0 but still can not find the NAS

Trying powering down the NAS, and then removing the hard drives.  Label them by slot, so you can put them back into the same place.

Then power up the NAS with no disks, and see if RAIDar finds them that way.  You should also see it in your router's attached device list.

Message 14 of 18
Pacemaker65
Aspirant

thank you for the assistance

Message 15 of 18
Pacemaker65
Aspirant

done that and it is still not found

Message 16 of 18
Pacemaker65
Aspirant

Hi Stephen it has been years that I have not been able to access the drive

Message 17 of 18
StephenB
Guru

@Pacemaker65 wrote:

it has been years that I have not been able to access the drive

Is there data on the NAS that you'd like to recover?  Or are you just wanting to bring it back to life if you can?

I am guessing that you are seeing signs of power. So I am thinking that the ethernet NIC might have failed.  If you have a spare cable, you might try connecting that, just in case.

The NIC does have an LED status indication on it - are you seeing a green or amber status there?  Or is it dark?

Message 18 of 18
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 17 replies
  • 7 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements