× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RSYNC

stgeorge
Guide

RSYNC

Trying to get an rsync backup job up and running between my older Duo pulling from my Pro-6.

Rsync service is running on both units, and I've setup the share to be backed up with Read Only access password protected on the Pro-6.  I've also limited rsync access to my Duo's host ip address on our LAN.

In the Duo, I've attempted to setup a new backup job selecting Remote Rsync Server, entered the LAN ip address of the Pro-6 in the host name box, I've named the share/sub-folder/sub-folder in the path box, and entered my userid and pwd listed in the Rsync read only access page in the Pro-6.

All should be good, but I keep getting "Error connecting to [pro-6 ip address on my LAN]"

I've looked in the log to see what is going wrong, but I'm not seeing anything being reported- is there a place I can go look to see what exactly I'm doing wrong here?

Thanks

Model: ReadyNAS RNDP6000|ReadyNAS Pro 6 Chassis only
Message 1 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Maybe as a test try removing the IP address in the host name box.

Message 2 of 3
Sandshark
Sensei

You have two potential sourses, the source and the target.  I'd start by allowing access to all on the source, to eliminate that as the cause.

It will give that error if it can't get to the share, not just if it can't talk to the source at all.  Remember that everything on the NAS is case sensitive, and make sure you don't have a trailing slash in the folder name..

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements