× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS 214 stopped updating antivirus

sandman83cu
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 214 stopped updating antivirus

Hello,

I have a ReadyNAS 214 running 6.10.3. It has always updated the antivirus without issues. Suddenly it has stopped receiving updates. The last one I have is from July 27 at 10:48:28 AM EST. Wierd thing is that the logs jump in date considerably:

Aug 06, 2020 12:47:48 PM

System: ReadyNASOS background service started.
Aug 06, 2020 12:47:24 PM

System: ReadyNASOS service or process (continuous_snap) was restarted.
Jul 22, 2020 11:43:45 AM

System: Antivirus scanner definition file was updated to 59.25881.
Jul 21, 2020 11:42:35 AM

System: Antivirus scanner definition file was updated to 59.25880.

Then it says it doesn't have an internet coonection:

Aug 07, 2020 12:07:39 AM

System: ReadyNASOS background service started.
Aug 07, 2020 12:02:05 AM

System: The system is shutting down.
Aug 06, 2020 01:13:43 PM

System: Antivirus scanner definition file update failed due to download failure. Check your Internet connection.

This is not correct as I can access my files using ReadyCloud and access my Plex server without being connected to my home network. Has anyone had this issue?

Thank you

Message 1 of 6
Sandshark
Sensei

Yes, plenty, and there are messages in the forum about it.  Given it's affecting so many, Netgear is looking into what the cause might be.  It's still a puzzle what it could be that affects so many, but not all.

For most, issuing the freshclam command from SSH does update the definitions, but the lack of further updating persists.

Message 2 of 6
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi sandman83cu,

Before issuing you the freshclam command, can you download first the system logs of the NAS then provide it to us?

You may upload the logs to a file cloud storage then send me the download link via private message.

Regards,

Message 3 of 6
simon2457
Tutor

Hi John

Is there any update/fix for thisd issue as I have a Ready NAS 202 that has not updated Antivurus since July 19th. Same issue says that there is no internet connection?

Thanks,

Simon

Message 4 of 6
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi simon2457,

We are still checking what is causing the issue using the logs that were submitted. I will update this thread as soon as we get feedback.

Regards,

Message 5 of 6
bsailer
Aspirant

Hello out there

this is a me-too-message.  Running ReadyNAS 212 with the newest firmware version.  Details can be obtained in the thread

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS-in-Business/Antivirus-scanner-definition-file-u...

Looking forward to get news on this topic.

All the best

Benjamin

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements