× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS 312 readyCloud for remote users

TechNewbie35
Follower

ReadyNAS 312 readyCloud for remote users

We have a ReadyNAS 312 for our business that we use with a shared folder that about 10 users use for working on files. We want to open a satellite office on the other coast and be able to give those users access to the shared folder and have them work as if it was mapped to their PC there. Would the best option be to enable ReadyCloud and have them use that? Would the files get synced?What about user accounts? Do we need to setup anything special?

Thank you.

Model: RN31200|ReadyNAS 300 Series 2- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Personally I'd look at deploying a VPN to fully connect the network on the two sites.  Then people in both offices would be able to access the NAS (and other resources like network printers).

But ReadyCloud could be used - you set up the folks in the satellite office with ReadyCloud accounts (not local NAS accounts).  They'd install the ReadyCloud app on their PC, and use that to connect to the NAS using the ReadyCloud VPN.  There is no sync involved, since they are directly accessing the NAS share.  I suggest that you turn on ReadyCloud and use it yourself for a bit, and make sure the performance will meet your needs.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Personally I'd look at deploying a VPN to fully connect the network on the two sites.  Then people in both offices would be able to access the NAS (and other resources like network printers).

But ReadyCloud could be used - you set up the folks in the satellite office with ReadyCloud accounts (not local NAS accounts).  They'd install the ReadyCloud app on their PC, and use that to connect to the NAS using the ReadyCloud VPN.  There is no sync involved, since they are directly accessing the NAS share.  I suggest that you turn on ReadyCloud and use it yourself for a bit, and make sure the performance will meet your needs.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements