× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 314 (6.1.2) will not boot

Yato73
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 314 (6.1.2) will not boot

I am using OS 6.1.2 on my ReadyNAS 314.
Yesterday I tried to remove an app Koken from the apps section of the web interface and it caused my NAS to crash (with the power on).
To turn off the NAS I had to hold down the power button until it turned off as I could not shut it down from the web interface or by pressing the power button on NAS 3-4 times.
On booting the NAS to start up I recived the normal 'Welcome' note and then 'Booting' with a solid LED power button light and then writing appears quickly "CW..." and then back to 'Booting' with a flashing LED power button light.
Raidar does not detect my NAS

From the boot menu;
I have tried an OS Reinstall with no result
I am 50% of the way through a memory test (no failures so far)

I cannot access my NAS via any IP address or by Mapping Network Drive so I cannot access my data.

I am concerned that this will be the 2nd time I may have to do a factory reinstall... can anyone help?

Thanks Chris
Message 1 of 4
vandermerwe
Master

Re: ReadyNAS 314 (6.1.2) will not boot

I would contact netgear support.
Message 2 of 4
Yato73
Aspirant

OK thanks will do.
I have to say that I am a little concerned it can crash so easily... are you aware of others having similar issues?
Message 3 of 4
Yato73
Aspirant

I have spoken to support and they have advised their is a an issue with the chassis as the NAS could not hold an IP address even in Tech Support Mode. I have decided to return the unit and try something different and see how that goes.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements