× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 3220 6.10.6 very slow web UI

AndB39it
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 3220 6.10.6 very slow web UI

Hi,

on a 3220 with 6.10.6 not used in production, after a while i went to its web interface, and found it very very slow,

but all seems to be reported healthy by various tools, as Raidar 6.5. I tried reboot twice and also power off and again on, but the issue persists. SMB access seems OK, but even if NAS contains data, as said above, we not use it in production now.

SSH is enabled and i can login with root and admin user password.

the evidence is that any portion of web ui takes a lot to render, with classic wheel spinning.

I'm searching to advices on how to troubleshoot and possibly find if it is a hardware problem.

Thanks in advance. Regards.

Andrea B.

Italy

Model: RN322124E|ReadyNAS 3220 12x4TB Enterprise Drive
Message 1 of 5
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS 3220 6.10.6 very slow web UI

@AndB39it wrote:

Hi,

on a 3220 with 6.10.6 not used in production, after a while i went to its web interface, and found it very very slow,

SSH is enabled and i can login with root and admin user password.

the evidence is that any portion of web ui takes a lot to render, with classic wheel spinning.

Are you seeing any unusual activity with top?

What services are enabled? (including file search, and AV).

Message 2 of 5
AndB39it
Aspirant

No, i did not see unusual activities in "top";

it seemed that from opening web ui, login and wait for first content finish to display, rarely any process went to above 1-2%

AV and file search are OFF (disabled).

Thank you and regards.

Andrea

Message 3 of 5
AndB39it
Aspirant

@AndB39it wrote:

No, i did not see unusual activities in "top";

it seemed that from opening web ui, login and wait for first content finish to display, rarely any process went to above 1-2%

AV and file search are OFF (disabled).

Thank you and regards.

Andrea

Could it be because space left is less than 20% (i don't think so)

or RAM error issues? how for example troubleshoot RAM errors or network interfaces issues?

regards.

Andrea B.

Message 4 of 5
AndB39it
Aspirant

I removed one disk (pulled out from chassis) that showed several errors/warnings (in SMART stats i think), but was reported as healthy (green) overall, and web ui is a lot more responsive now.

At this moment i did not reinsert same disk or substituted it with new disk (volume is reported as degradet, but it is RAID6).

I must say that another disk has several SMART errors/warnings, but removed and reiserted before the one above did not change ui responsiveness.

I will let know after disk replacement.

Andrea B.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements