× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 4312x boot menu different than what support shows

tluley51
Follower

ReadyNAS 4312x boot menu different than what support shows

I am attempting to factory reset my ReadyNAS 4312x. I am able to get into the boot menu via reset button and power button, but when in the boot menu and selecting the 2 red lights on disk 1 and disk 2, it says specifically that the health and power LEDs are to be off. I cannot get them to stop blinking while in the boot menu...and when I select the option to factory default boot mode and hold the reset button for 5 seconds to reboot it, nothing happens.

here is the article i was following: https://kb.netgear.com/31316/How-do-I-access-the-boot-menu-on-my-ReadyNAS-3312-4312X-4312S

Message 1 of 3
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS 4312x boot menu different than what support shows

Hi tluley51,

Welcome to the Community!

What is the current firmware version of the RR4312X?

The LED pattern described in that article is applicable for RR3312, RR4312X & RR4312S running ReadyNAS OS version 6.5.2 and above. If you see a different LED pattern, this might be because the NAS firmware is on 6.5.1. In this case, you can use the console port in accessing the boot menu. There are detailed steps on the last part of that article on how to access the boot menu via the console port of the NAS.

Regards,

Message 2 of 3
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS 4312x boot menu different than what support shows

Hi tluley51,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as a solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The NETGEAR community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements