× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS Duo v2 Unable to access Boot menu

lakano
Aspirant

ReadyNAS Duo v2 Unable to access Boot menu

Hello,

I'm new under ReadyNAS, I've bought this one many years ago but only used for few days... I'm trying to use it again, I've tried to upgrade the firwmare from the /admin/, but surely a bug appear, because after the auto-reboot, I can't access to the /admin/ with my own password or with the factory default password.

So, I'm trying to go in the Boot Menu to use the OS reinstall. I press & hold the reset button, press the power button and waiting.... waiting.... waiting... until the 5 LEDs illuminates but this never happen 😞

I only have the 2 LEDs of disks ( 2 at the same time, and then few seconds later, only the right one ).

May be I can try with a Boot USB Recovery but I don't found where to download it ( the search engine return nothing on the download page )

Thanks for your help!

Model: ReadyNASRND2000v2|ReadyNAS Duo v2 Chassis only
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi lakano,

Welcome to the community!

Can you confirm the HW version of your ReadyNAS unit? It could've been tagged as ReadyNAS V2 but it could be a V1. Send me a PM together with the S/N so I can check.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8

All Replies
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi lakano,

Welcome to the community!

Can you confirm the HW version of your ReadyNAS unit? It could've been tagged as ReadyNAS V2 but it could be a V1. Send me a PM together with the S/N so I can check.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 8
BunnyBass
Aspirant

Hi, New to the community and I hope I can reactivate this thread.

I have exactly the same issue as the original poster and my ReadyNAS is supposed to be a V2.

I can see the NAS in RAIDar and the disc, (only installed 1 to get it running. 2nd will then be added), is showing as healthy but with 0Mb Volume as I haven't been able to format it.

Did this issue get sorted out?

Message 3 of 8
lakano
Aspirant

The label is confusing, « v2 » on the label after the word "Duo" doesn't mean it's a ReadyNAS v2

So, in my case, I've a v1, and the process is different :

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/24874/~/how-do-i-access-the-boot-menu-on-my-readynas-d...

Regards,

Message 4 of 8
BunnyBass
Aspirant

Hi, according to the label on the bottom it is a ReadyNas Duo RND2000 V2.

I will have a look at the link and try that method.

Cheers,

Stuart

Model: ReadyNASRND2000v2|ReadyNAS Duo v2 Chassis only
Message 5 of 8
lakano
Aspirant

As mine, so you're surely on v1 😉

Message 6 of 8
StephenB
Guru

@BunnyBass wrote:

Hi, according to the label on the bottom it is a ReadyNas Duo RND2000 V2.

As already said, the label is misleading. 

Here's a guide you can use to identify the platform: http://www.rnasguide.com/2012/01/09/how-to-tell-whether-i-have-a-duo-v1-or-duo-v2-or-nv-v1-or-nv-v2/

Message 7 of 8
BunnyBass
Aspirant

Thanks a lot, it appears to be sorted now in that the drive is formatted and I can see the new folders.

Cheers,

Stuart

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements