× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS NV+ Time Machine Issues

daveberk
Aspirant

ReadyNAS NV+ Time Machine Issues

Hello & thank you in advance for your help.

I have an old NAS that I've used successfully for Time Machine backups. Now it doesn't work.

Model: ReadyNAS NV+ [X-RAID]

Firmware: RAIDiator 4.1.16 [1.00a043]

Mac O/S: High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G65)

I have Time Machine set up on an AFP share. I mount the share with the username ReadyNAS. Time Machine starts the backup and stalls "Preparing Backup".

I suspect if I can delete the old files on the NAS, it might solve the problem. However, I am unable to delete the old files using the Finder interface. I don't know how to do this using Terminal. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Model: ReadyNASRND4410|ReadyNAS NV+ 4TB (4 X 1TB)
Message 1 of 4
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS NV+ Time Machine Issues

Hi daveberk,

Welcome to the Community!

You may check this KB article for the procedures on how you can delete Time Machine data on the NAS.

Regards,

Message 2 of 4
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi daveberk,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The NETGEAR community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 3 of 4
daveberk
Aspirant

Thanks for the response. Yes, I had read that article. Unfortunately neither the Finder method nor the SSH worked for me.  So I decided to do a full re-initiallization of the NAS.  It's currently rebuilding the backups. Slow and arduous - perhaps it's time for me to update to a newer NAS that is more reliable. Much appreciated.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements