× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS RN31400 Cannot access shares across network after firmware update #26246971

Rexk
Follower

ReadyNAS RN31400 Cannot access shares across network after firmware update #26246971

I updated my firmware this morning to 6.4.1. The update was successful. I can access the NAS through the admin panel (web browser address 192.168.1.100)

I can see that all of the shares are intact. I can see all of my user accounts. The file and networks permissions look the same as before.

However, all of the users (around 10 employees) can no longer access ther maped shares from thier workstations. (they all have a red X)

When I navigate to the readyNAS under network, I can see all of the shares. But when I double click them, I asks me for the windows network password.

I enter the correct user name and password, it gets rejected.

I had a session with Netgear level 2 tech support and they could not resolve the issue.

She even created a new share called "Testshare" and a new account called "Test"

When she tried to access "Testshare" it asked for the Windows netwok password and rejected her login

Any thoughts?

Rex

Message 1 of 2
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS RN31400 Cannot access shares across network after firmware update #26246971

Looks like support is continuing to work with you on this and preparing to escalate to L3.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements