× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNas 212 Firmware Download

flip3962
Aspirant

ReadyNas 212 Firmware Download

My FirmWare is 6.10.5 Hotfix 1. I believe the latest version is 6.10.6, but when I click Check For Updates it comes back and says I have latest version. When I click on Cloud tab, it says Internet Available. Need to update manually, but on Netgear site I have to know if it is x86 or ARM - how do I find that out?

Thanks in advance

Model: RN21200|ReadyNAS 212 Series 2- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
flip3962
Aspirant

I found the product data sheet. ARM

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8

All Replies
flip3962
Aspirant

I found the product data sheet. ARM

Message 2 of 8
StephenB
Guru

@flip3962 wrote:

My FirmWare is 6.10.5 Hotfix 1. I believe the latest version is 6.10.6, but when I click Check For Updates it comes back and says I have latest version. When I click on Cloud tab, it says Internet Available. Need to update manually, but on Netgear site I have to know if it is x86 or ARM - how do I find that out?

Thanks in advance

The KB article tells you that.  

https://kb.netgear.com/000064345/ReadyNAS-OS-6-Software-Version-6-10-6 wrote:

arm (RN102 / RN104 / RN202 / RN204 / RN212 / RN214 / RN2120)

Message 3 of 8
flip3962
Aspirant

Thanks. I know enough to ready release notes, argh.  That would have been the easiest.

Message 4 of 8
flip3962
Aspirant

tried to update and get popup box with big red X and "Unrecognized Server Error" no error code or other information. Nothing in the log

Message 5 of 8
StephenB
Guru

@flip3962 wrote:

tried to update and get popup box with big red X and "Unrecognized Server Error" no error code or other information. Nothing in the log

Try rebooting the NAS anyway, and see if it installs anyway.  This has happened before, and the NAS usually had downloaded the firmware file (despite the error).

If that doesn't work, then try again (you likely will still see the unrecognized server error).  Hit cancel if you see it, and once again try rebooting anyway.

Message 6 of 8
flip3962
Aspirant

Did exactly that. All good now, thanks for the replies. Hoping this will solve probelm with AntiVirus not updating. (Getting file udpate faile due to downloand failure)

Message 7 of 8
flip3962
Aspirant

Yes. Antivirus updated! 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements