× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNas 600B Died - Need help resurrecting data

rtmako
Aspirant

ReadyNas 600B Died - Need help resurrecting data

I have a ReadyNas 600B that had 2 drives in RAID 1 arrangement. We noticed that the 600B was no longer serving the shares and also was not responding to web admin access.

Dead drive #2 bay was removed and 600B powered back up. Still could not access the web-admin and no shares available.
It was powered down and remaining drive removed. Drives were connected to a PC running later version Ubuntu and it showed the one of the drives has no data and seems to be dead. The remaining drive however seems to be in a OK state with the partitions showing up and the drive mounts fine. However attempting to open the mounted volume ends with an error, LVM ??? ( I don't have the exact error right now, will update this point as soon as I can). Does anyone have any experience with this kind of a situation? All I want to do is get the data off this drive and onto a FAT32 or Mac OS X extended format drive. I have also purchased a ReadyNas Duo to replace the 600B.

Please help, any advice on getting data back is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Robert

Sydney AU
Message 1 of 3
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

You might find this helpful: Mounting Sparc-based ReadyNAS Drives in x86-based Linux

Welcome to the forum!
Message 2 of 3
rtmako
Aspirant

An update to this issue. I connected the drive to a computer running Knoppix Linux and was able to see the volume and also the shares. However was unable to copy anything mainly because of my incompetence with anything command line. I then followed the directions on the link above and after the last command there seemed to be a lot of activity on the drive, since then I could no longer see the volume or any directory. I have taken the drive to the local data recovery shop and they are telling me that they cannot see any directory structure.

I'm in DEEP TROUBLE!!!

I am about to visit the data recovery shop to see what they have but I've been told that the directory structure is not there.

Any ideas you guys may have will be much appreciated.

Rob
:cry:
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements