× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNas Disappears

ariveroll
Follower

ReadyNas Disappears

My Readynas disappears from 'Network' a few seconds after star-up. This happens on Mac and PC. RAIDar detects it but when I try to identify, lights don't blink. Web access doesn't work. Ping doesn't work. When I unplug ethernet cable it responds 'no network connection', when I plug again, it appears only a few seconds.

Other han this it seem all is ok.

Any ideas?
Message 1 of 7
dhuffman
Aspirant

Yea this happened to me 4.2.21 MAC OS X 10.7.4. I don't think this device is ready for prime time.
It is corrupting my files when it looses connection . Ultra 2 PLus user.
No support for MAC's
Message 2 of 7
HERBIEO
Aspirant

What is your network setup eg: router switch etc ?
Message 3 of 7
dhuffman
Aspirant

NETGEAR ProSafe VPN Firewall FVS336GV2
Message 4 of 7
ReadySECURE
Apprentice

What is your network topology like? from the "internet" cloud... here is an example of mine: internet <==> netgear firewall <==> netgear 16 port switch <==> READYNAS & COMPUTERS

Also make sure the cable between the NAS & the computers is good. Also what kind of Readynas do you both (ariveroll and dhuffman) have?

Also sometimes the duplex and speed can be negotiated bad between the switch and the Readynas. or Readynas and Computer, so make sure you manually put the duplex and speed settings on it. You can see a screenshot of how you set it on the Readynas ( http://www.netgearblog.com/netgear-stor ... faces.html ), put it on Speed = 100 MB & Duplex = Full or "100 MB FULL" for short. Match the setting on the other end of the wire whether its your switch or your computer, you will have to contact the manufacturer of the other device to see how to change that setting on it.

:::I know for most computers::::
Win7: Windows key-ncpa.cpl-right click local area connection which use for connection to readynas-configure button-
WinXP: Start-run-ncpa.cpl-right click local area connection which use for connection to readynas-configure button-
:::If its a switch::::
If its not netgear: contact them for instructions on modifying duplex and speed settings
If its netgear: Its in the Switching Main Tab you can select the port that goes to the readynas select it on the left hand side with a check mark and roll down the drop down to 100 MB FULL to match the readynas.
Message 5 of 7
Slasky
Aspirant

If the switch is a 10/100 mbit, then you could just try to set your computer or NAS as 100MB full duplex, since most home-end switches operates on layer 2 and basically arent that configurable.

Same with a home-end router for that matter.
Message 6 of 7
pcourtney1
Aspirant

ariveroll wrote:
My Readynas disappears from 'Network' a few seconds after star-up. This happens on Mac and PC. RAIDar detects it but when I try to identify, lights don't blink. Web access doesn't work. Ping doesn't work. When I unplug ethernet cable it responds 'no network connection'

did you recently upgrade to 4.2.20 or 4.2.21 ??
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements