× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNas Ultra 6 Can't access one of the Shares

wudai_e
Aspirant

ReadyNas Ultra 6 Can't access one of the Shares

My ReadyNas: Ultra 6 Raidar 4.2.27

My router just died on me this morning so I attached my main PC and the ReadyNas to my Verizon Router. Everything is working fine except I cannot map one of the shares I created using the old router.

When I created this share on the old router, I didn't create it as a public share, I don't know if this matters...

Now, whenever I tried to map this share, windows will ask for the Nas log-in first, after I typed that in the log-in window, another window called windows security will pop up with user name listed as the computer name of my main pc followed *\admin* I tried different admin password I used for my main pc and my nas but nothing works. In the same window, if I choose another option "use another account" and try all the admin credentials I know still nothing. I deleted all the windows credentials in windows vault and created new ones and that didn't work either.

If I use RAIDar, then browse, I can browse all folders except for this share. The same windows security window will pop up and I tried different credentials and it won't work.

If I type in my nas' IP into the browser and with my admin credential, I can browse and read/write.

I've looked at different solutions with google but nothing worked so far...

Please Help.

Thanks!!!
Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNas Ultra 6 Can't access one of the Shares

wudai_e wrote:
When I created this share on the old router, I didn't create it as a public share, I don't know if this matters...
What do you mean? Exactly how did you create it?
Message 2 of 4
vandermerwe
Master

Also, can you access Frontview to look at the share access settings ?
If so, what is different about this share's settings?
Have you tried resetting the permissions on the share in advanced share settings in Frontview?
Message 3 of 4
wudai_e
Aspirant

Thank you both Stephen and Vander,

Your question lead me to checking the share settings for that particular share. It turned out under CIFS settings for this share, I enabled host allowed access to only two IPs. Since the new router assigned new IP to my PC I can no longer access this Share. After I disabled the settings everything went back to normal.

cheers and thanks again!
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements