× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Readydlna issues

kllngtme
Aspirant

Readydlna issues

So the other day I put 4 new movies on my readynas duo v1. For whatever reason, it doesn't seem like the dlna server rescanned to show the new files so I forced a manual rescan. I woke up the next day, and checked, and my client doesn't even show 1/2 my files. I rebooted the nas, and attempted another manual rescan which didn't help. It's still only showing some of my files, not all of them.

I upgraded to the latest dlna version (1.1.0~rc4), let it do its thing at first, same results. Forced a manual scan, same results (only showing some of the files, like the scan gets stuck at the same place).

Today I noticed there was a new update for duo v1. So I upgraded my nas from 4.1.10 to 4.1.12 which set the dlna package to 1.1.10.

I let it do its thing for an autoscan, no change. Forced a manual scan, no change(only shows some of the files). I tried looking at the log, couldn't figure out what I'm looking at really so I installed the debugger and forced a manual scan...

Checked the log.. yea, I can't figure it out.. I dunno what I'm looking at or what it's getting halted on. Can anyone help?
Message 1 of 12
kllngtme
Aspirant

Here is the log. This was captured right after turning on the debugger and forcing a manual rescan.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/268 ... pnp-av.log
Message 2 of 12
kllngtme
Aspirant

To give you an idea of what I'm dealing with. There are 781GB worth of videos on my nas it should be looking to scan.

Folders and subdirectories it's trying to scan:

Media\Video\
\Youtube (4 subdirectories)
\Comedy (1 subdirectory)
\Other (3 sub directories)
\Timelapses
\Music (65 subdirectories)
\Television (18 subdirectories)
\Documentary (11 subdirectories)
\Movies (4 sub directories)
Message 3 of 12
kllngtme
Aspirant

Last night I changed the folder the dlna server is scanning to be only the Movie folder which it seems to get stuck on. Sure enough, it gets stuck at the same place as when I have the whole media folder selected. So it seems like something in the Movie folder is holding this up.. haha.. anyone have any suggestions?
Message 4 of 12
kllngtme
Aspirant

Anyone?
Message 5 of 12
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Have you tried contacting NetGear tech support (see Online Submission link in my sig)?
Message 6 of 12
kllngtme
Aspirant

mdgm wrote:
Have you tried contacting NetGear tech support (see Online Submission link in my sig)?

Last time I tried Netgear support they tried charging me a fee. Usually the forum is more helpful than Netgear support. I guess I've got nothing to lose other than them trying to charge me...
Message 7 of 12
StephenB
Guru

Don't call them, use support.netgear.com
Message 8 of 12
kllngtme
Aspirant

StephenB wrote:
Don't call them, use support.netgear.com

Yea I e-mailed them like mdgm mentioned..
Message 9 of 12
kllngtme
Aspirant

Just an update on this. After 2 weeks of trying different things and giving Netgear logs to look at with debug turned on and off. It doesn't seem like Netgear knows what they are looking at either. It doesn't seem like the log is giving them the information they need or something. They've basically been no help at all. They requested to get remote access to my nas.. I'm not really comfortable with that from things I've read in the past. I'm not willing to possibly hurt my data in any way with them logging into it. I told them I'd rather have them walk me through what they need to do but I haven't gotten a response.

Am I the only one who feels this way about them asking to log into my nas remotely? haha
Message 10 of 12
InTheShires
Tutor

Point Skywalker towards your posts, he's a Jedi on here, (whatever that jargon is), and deals with, or used to deal with all the DLNA stuff on the RAIDiator firmware. Try dropping him a PM, you've nothing to lose.

FWIW, I was never happy about leaving my NAS wide open to some "tech" on the other side of the planet either.
Message 11 of 12
NiLe
Aspirant

I had the same problems after update to the latest Raidiator (with ReadyDLNA V1.1.0). Try the fix by chokobanana and rebuild the database manually through SSH:
http://www.readynas.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=72147
That solved it for me. Hopefully Netgear will find and fix the bug and release a new ReadyDLNA client.
Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements