× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Readynas 204 Raid 1 to Raid 10

SanjeevAnand
Aspirant

Readynas 204 Raid 1 to Raid 10

Currently I have a setup of 2 HD of 4 TB each setup with Raid 1. I am planning to add 2 HD of 4 TB taking the total of following 4 HD of 16 TB. I wanted to change the Raid 1 to Raid 10. Do I have to do the complete backup/reinstall or I can just add the 2 HDD and switch the RAID 1 to RAID 10 giving me total 8 TB

Model: RN204|ReadyNAS204 4-Bay
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

I think you'll need to destroy the volume and reinstall apps/restore data from backup.

You could avoid this if you create two RAID-1 volumes of 4 TB each, and of course you could also go with a 12 TB RAID-5 volume (or 8 TB RAID-6) non destructively.

It's best to make a backup first anyway, so maybe do that, and see if flexraid will let you change the RAID mode.  But I don't think it will.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

I think you'll need to destroy the volume and reinstall apps/restore data from backup.

You could avoid this if you create two RAID-1 volumes of 4 TB each, and of course you could also go with a 12 TB RAID-5 volume (or 8 TB RAID-6) non destructively.

It's best to make a backup first anyway, so maybe do that, and see if flexraid will let you change the RAID mode.  But I don't think it will.

Message 2 of 3
SanjeevAnand
Aspirant

Thanks, I went with 2 volumes and it worked. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements