× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readynas 626X Unable to mount NFS Drive in windows systems

anoopp
Follower

Readynas 626X Unable to mount NFS Drive in windows systems

Hi All,

We have recently purchased a ReadyNas 626X. 

We created a folder configured for NFS access(SMB is disabled). We have enabled NFS Client in our devices and tried to mount it using "mount -o annon \\<nas ip address>\<nfc foldername> X:\ " command in CMD. but we are getting bellow error message

Network Error - 53

Tried NET HELPMSG 53

it shows "The network path was not found"

We also tried to mount using "Map Network Drive" option from my computer but getting error "An unexpected error occured"

Can somebody tell me if i should do any additional configuration to get it worked?

Model: RN626X|ReadyNAS 626X – 6 Bays with Intel® Xeon® Quad-Core Server Processor
Message 1 of 2
StephenB
Guru

Re: Readynas 626X Unable to mount NFS Drive in windows systems

@anoopp wrote:

We have enabled NFS Client in our devices and tried to mount it using "mount -o annon \\<nas ip address>\<nfc foldername> X:\ " command in CMD. but we are getting bellow error message

Network Error - 53

Tried NET HELPMSG 53

it shows "The network path was not found"

The NAS NFS export includes the volume name (which is data if you are using XRAID).  So the path should be \\<nas ip address>\<nas volume name>\<nfc sharename>.

You should be able to see the NFS shares by simply entering \\<nas ip address> in the file explorer address bar.

FWIW, "annon" should be "anon" in your mount command (likely just a typo in your post).

@anoopp wrote:

We created a folder configured for NFS access(SMB is disabled).

If you are concerned about SMB 1 in the NAS, you can alternatively install the SMB Plus client, and set the minimum protocol to SMB 2.x or SMB 3.x.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements