× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readynas 626x 6-Bay , problem system not recognizing my 1st bay HDD

jkinney33
Follower

Readynas 626x 6-Bay , problem system not recognizing my 1st bay HDD

I have everything setup signed in cloud everything and 5 out of 6 HDD are running great, i tried adding 

New 4TB HDD in first bay or top bay system not picking up and loading, i have gone through this many

times this is the fartherst i have gotten. If i use balance will this pick up my last disk?

is there a trick to getting all 6 HDD'S working together? i have reset or setup my system so many times

please help thanks. I have several PC connected to my networks everything is perfect except last HDD 

Model: RN626X|ReadyNAS 626X – 6 Bays with Intel® Xeon® Quad-Core Server Processor
Message 1 of 3

Re: Readynas 626x 6-Bay , problem system not recognizing my 1st bay HDD

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

ReadyNAS Network Storage: Official NETGEAR Community

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware. Look at the label on the device for the model number.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear stopped supplying printed manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 2 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: Readynas 626x 6-Bay , problem system not recognizing my 1st bay HDD

@jkinney33 wrote:

If i use balance will this pick up my last disk?

No.

@jkinney33 wrote:

I have everything setup signed in cloud everything and 5 out of 6 HDD are running great, i tried adding 

New 4TB HDD in first bay or top bay system not picking up and loading,

1. Are you using XRAID or FlexRAID?
  2. What size are the other disks?
  3. What disk models are you using?
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements