× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Reclaiming free space there are no snapshots

Guywithsomedata
Aspirant

Reclaiming free space there are no snapshots

Hi there

Okay, I can't find anything here that actually helps with this issue. I have a 102 unit and when I delete files from the NAS via the browser interface or via os x finder the space is never freed up.  Is there a ssh terminal command that can purge this data completely? I have looked in the data/.purge folder but there is nothing there. I must have deleted at least 200gb off of a 3TB drive and it still says I have only 8GB of available space. Any ideas? Snapshots have never been enabled so I don't have any and I am running the most current firmware.  Thank you 

Message 1 of 10
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

So you are running 6.2.5?

Can you send me your logs (see the sending logs link in my sig)?

Message 2 of 10
Guywithsomedata
Aspirant

Thanks, sent

Message 3 of 10
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I can see heaps of snapshots that were not upgraded when you updated to 6.2.4. They would not be showing in the UI, but they are there.

Do you have a backup of your data?

Message 4 of 10
Guywithsomedata
Aspirant

Weird, it isn’t anything i turned on as far as I know. No back ups as it is basically just media. Question: How would one know they needed to upgrade the snapshots if one never actually knew they were running? Are they on by default? I couldn’t see any via the web interface. Is this a bug?  Is there a solution?

Message 5 of 10
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

They were on by default on older firmware and should have automatically been upgraded when upgrading to 6.2.x.

Message 6 of 10
Guywithsomedata
Aspirant

Any suggestions as to how to free up the deleted files? I am comfortable with the terminal if I know where to look

Message 7 of 10
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I have sent you a PM.

Message 8 of 10
LoganK
Aspirant

Hi mdgm,

I believe I am having the exact issue, as my interface shows a LARGE amount of snapshots but I cannot find them anywhere to delete. Can you send me the info on how to remove these hidden snapshots also?

Thanks

Message 9 of 10
MWilliams4
Aspirant

same here, I'd like to know how to get rid of them

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation