× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Recover ReadyNas RN104 after failed firmware update. (My e-mail and the serial number.)

TAKELin
Tutor

Recover ReadyNas RN104 after failed firmware update.

Hi.

I have a ReadyNas RN104 with firmware 6.10.0

Through the administration website I have clicked to update the firmware to 6.10.1.

When the computer has restarted the power button flashes and the system does not start.

I tried to create a usb boot recovery and the system arrives until on the screen put "DEBUG: TELNET" with an ip to connect.

I tried to connect and asked for a username and password that I do not have.

I have purchased support "ProSUPPORT OnCall 24x7, Category 1, 3-Year" but I have not received the service activation code.

I am devastated because I can not find a phone number where they can help me in Spanish, activate the support service, or how can I recover the functioning of the READY NAS.

I need help.

Model: RN10400|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
TAKELin
Tutor

Re: Recover ReadyNas RN104 after failed firmware update. (My e-mail and the serial number.)

Hi.

I want to thank you for the help. I was finally able to repair my ReadyNas (they had to change the chassis).

Especially to @StephenB for seeking the precise help and @JohnCM_S because it has not stopped until it finds the solution.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 9

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Re: Recover ReadyNas RN104 after failed firmware update.

Hopefully support will reach you soon - perhaps @JohnCM_S or @Marc_V can follow up.

In the meantime, try starting up the NAS (w/o the USB drive connected) and look at the status with RAIDar.  https://kb.netgear.com/20684/ReadyNAS-Downloads#raidar

If RAIDar "sees" the NAS, document the status that it reports.  Also attempt to download the log zip file (which might not work, but would be useful if it does).

Message 2 of 9
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi TAKELin,

Welcome to the Community!

Did you purchase the support contract from a reseller or did you do it from the myNETGEAR portal (https://my.netgear.com)?

If you purchase it from the reseller, they should be the one providing the service activation code after purchase.

Regards,

Message 3 of 9
TAKELin
Tutor

Hi John.

Thanks for the welcome to the community.

I bought it through the portal (https://my.netgear.com), I received an email with the invoice. The purchase was made twenty days ago.

When I want to contact with NETGEAR Support, it tells me that the support expired for my ReadyNas and it tells me that I can buy a support contract to extend the coverage (which is what I have done).

A greeting.

Message 4 of 9
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi TAKELin,

Can you provide to me the email address that you are using for your myNETGEAR account and also the serial number of the device? You may provide it to me via PM (private message).

Regards,

Message 5 of 9
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi TAKELin,

The support contract appears to be activated when we check it on our end but there is an issue on warranty entitlements of your RN104. We have fixed that now. You should be able to open a support ticket now.

Regards,

Message 6 of 9
TAKELin
Tutor

Hi John.

I hope you've had a good weekend.

I regret the inconvenience but no, it tells me that the warranty period expired on 12/31/2018.

I send you a screenshot that tells me when I tried to launch a ticket.

Thanks for the help.

Message 7 of 9
TAKELin
Tutor

Hola.

Quiero daros las gracias por la ayuda. finalmente pude reparar my ReadyNas (tuvieron que cambiar el chasis).

En especial a @StephenB por buscar la ayuda precisa y a @JohnCM_S porque no ha parado hasta dar con la solución.

Muchas gracias.

Message 8 of 9
TAKELin
Tutor

Hi.

I want to thank you for the help. I was finally able to repair my ReadyNas (they had to change the chassis).

Especially to @StephenB for seeking the precise help and @JohnCM_S because it has not stopped until it finds the solution.

Thank you.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements