× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Share goes to wrong folder?

DanScott
Aspirant

Share goes to wrong folder?

Hi all,

Weird one! - ReadyNAS 2100 running 4.2.19

I have a share called Veeam - only shared with CIFS, no access restrictions. When you browse to \\NAS01 you see the Veeam share in Windows explorer but if you open it the folder contents are that of a ReadyNAS replicate share. However if you go to \\NAS01\c\Veeam you get the correct contents of the Veeam folder.

Only noticed as my backups were failing in Veeam as they couldn't find the storage - if I change the target to \\NAS01\c\Veeam\Jobx then they work.

Why is the share pointing to the wrong folder?
Message 1 of 6
Horpe
Aspirant

Hi DanScott,
You're not alone!
You wanna follow below thread for sure 🙂

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=57103

PS. 1: Do you have Subsonic installed?
PS. 2: Do you also get the message "Unsuccsessful mounting ftp share" when logging in to Frontview?

Cheers!

/Horpe
Message 2 of 6
DanScott
Aspirant

Hi Horpe,

Nothing installed here except ReadyNAS Replicate - don't even know what Subsonic is?

No ftp share error for me when logging into Frontview.
Cheers,
Dan
Message 3 of 6
DanScott
Aspirant

Think I might have fixed it.... Renamed my 'Veeam' share to 'Backup' then renamed it back to 'Veeam' again (All in Frontview) and now it seems to be behaving itself - share is directing to the correct folder (For now.....)

Will check again later and report back.
Message 4 of 6
DanScott
Aspirant

Just an update - since I did the share rename everything seems to be ok - must be a bug with the firmware update I guess. Still bit worrying for a while as my VM's weren't backing up :shock:
Message 5 of 6
sphardy1
Apprentice

New beta firmware released that should fix this issue
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements