× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Symantec Backup Exec 2010 R3 SP3 - RALUS Update?

spike4real
Aspirant

Symantec Backup Exec 2010 R3 SP3 - RALUS Update?

Hi All,

I have been using Backup Exec 2010 R3 for quite a while with RALUS 13.0 installed on my ReadyNAS 2100, after installing SP3 last night the backup report now requests an update for RALUS but I cannot locate one.

"The remote computer is running a previous version of the Backup Exec Remote Agent. You must upgrade the remote agent to enable secure communication between the agent and Backup Exec media servers."

Backup Exec 2010 R3
Version 13.0 Rev 5204.1225 (64bit)

ReadyNAS 2100
FW 4.2.24

Backup Exec Remote Agent (RALUS)
v13.0.0

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Dan.
Message 1 of 3
lmossa_be
Aspirant

Re: Symantec Backup Exec 2010 R3 SP3 - RALUS Update?

I just saw this in your forum and even though its very late thought I'd post a response:

From a Symantec Technote TECH59962
I) In order to update the RALUS installation the following steps need to be followed:
1) The hotfix needs to be copied to the Linux using "ftp" or any other Linux file transferring application and store it in a folder created for the ocassion. Do not extract the files from the .gz archive before copying the files to the Linux system.
1a) In Backup Exec 12.5 the RALUS hotfixes are located in "..\Backup Exec\Agents\RALUS" or "..\Backup Exec/Agents/RALUS64" folders
1b) In Backup Exec 2010/2012 the hotfixes are located in folder "..\Backup Exec\Agents"
2) The hotfix need to be extracted using the command tar -zxvf hotfix-example.tar.gz on the linux system. Note that RALUS hotfixes are cumulative. That is, there is no need to install all the hotfixes if there are more than one. Just install the most recent hotfix as it should contain all the updates from the previous hotfixes.
3) The script ./installraluspatch.sh should be run from inside the folder where the hotfix.tar.gz was expanded.
II) How to check if the RALUS remote agent was properly updated.
1) Inside the .tar.gz comes a file named ralus.ver. This files will be copied by the installation to the folder /var/VRTSralus/ralus.ver.

Lenora Moss
Technical Support Engineer, Symantec Corporation
Message 2 of 3
spike4real
Aspirant

Re: Symantec Backup Exec 2010 R3 SP3 - RALUS Update?

Hi lmossa_be,

I don't believe the Technot is relevent for a Netgear ReadyNAS, can you confirm?

Thanks,
Dan.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements