× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: UK promotion - Claimed free disk but no response so far

chirpa
Luminary

Status from the team:
All claims that have been received at the office in the last week are the only claims outstanding, all other claims are with our fulfillment company and are in the process of being dispatched or have been delivered already.
Message 101 of 178
swanny1
Aspirant

Thanks for the update. Fingers crossed for a delivery soon.
Message 102 of 178
BritBrat
Aspirant

chirpa wrote:
Status from the team:
All claims that have been received at the office in the last week are the only claims outstanding, all other claims are with our fulfillment company and are in the process of being dispatched or have been delivered already.

Thanks for the update Chirpa.

Could I make a suggestion that when a form is received and is valid that the claimant receives confirmation, I know in my case that would have gone a long way in making me feel Netgear were progressing the claim in a professional manner.

The not knowing anything has been the most annoying thing for me.

I was told yesterday that I should get mine next week and if not to phone 01344 458 200 option #2 but I don't think I will as I have tried that number before and wasted my time but will contact the other number I have for the fulfillment company Team Manager.

I was almost going to buy another box yesterday with a free drive offer but I had second thoughts after this experiance. If it gets resolved next week I may buy it anyway in the hope that the service has improved from the mistakes made.
Message 103 of 178
chirpa
Luminary

BritBrat wrote:
Could I make a suggestion that when a form is received and is valid that the claimant receives confirmation, I know in my case that would have gone a long way in making me feel Netgear were progressing the claim in a professional manner.
I've made that same suggestion to them multiple time over this issue.
Message 104 of 178
aks
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I have waited over 10 weeks now, so I contacted support online today. I received a response too - yippee!

However, the response from the agent said:
I understand that you have not received the free drive as per the offer. I will be working to assist you in resolving the issue you described. Since we are doing this online it may require a few email exchanges before we can resolve the issue. I will do my best to help resolve your case in the least possible time.

Please click on the link given below and and download and fill the claim form to the address given in the link.

http://www.netgear.co.uk/freedrive.php

For further information plaese mail to ukpromotions@netgear.com.

I'm now pulling my hair out! My form was sent in and received by Netgear UK on 9/Sep. I have responded to the support ticket, let's hope I get a better response soon.
Message 105 of 178
hurdy1
Aspirant

Well, guess what turned up rather unexpectedly this morning? 😄

Claim form was received by Netgear on 23/10. My 28 days expired on Friday just gone, so I can't complain here. I know a lot of you have been waiting much, much longer so heres hoping yours arrive in the next day or so.
Message 106 of 178
shieldsy1
Aspirant

Same here ... arrived this morning. Just 32 days since submitting claim 😄

Presume this means there's going to be good news for everyone in the next few days.
Message 107 of 178
GSi2K
Aspirant

I got mine this morning too, 24 days of waiting with no confirmation of receiving my claim form.
Message 108 of 178
parishpete
Aspirant

Me too. claim form signed for on 25/10, drive arrived today 22/11.

I guess some of us just hit stock at the right time.
Message 109 of 178
Ranjanx
Aspirant

Seems like they've decided to do a last in first out approach to keep the newer customers happy and let the unhappy ones stay that way.
Message 110 of 178
aks
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

That's so miserable 😞

I got another response after clarifying that I'd sent my claim form and it was received by Netgear over 10 weeks ago:
After reviewing the information that you provided, I think I have a better understanding of your issue.

I would request you to please mail to ukpromotions@netgear.com

I don't think this is progress, i.e. support have been no help at all!

I will have to phone them now.
Message 111 of 178
xhq
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ranjanx wrote:
Seems like they've decided to do a last in first out approach to keep the newer customers happy and let the unhappy ones stay that way.

A typical tactic to achieve a certain percentage of target meets or customer satisfactions. Even the UK government does things in that way. Just have to live with it.
Message 112 of 178
aks
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Just have to live with it.

Actually, I will return the product to the supplier if my drive does not arrive very soon. I am not prepared to pay this price for sub-standard support (actually no support) and would rather go elsewhere with my money.
Message 113 of 178
BritBrat
Aspirant

I am giving them to next week as I have been waiting nearly 3 months now then I will start court action.

No more chances from me.

I may make one more phone call to the fulfillment company Team Leader then that will be it.

What ever is wrong with the UK support needs to be sorted very soon, maybe it is outsourced to India or something.

I will say though that Chirpa and Queen_Padme have been really good in this matter and I get the feeling it was not within their job remit.
Message 114 of 178
Ranjanx
Aspirant

BritBrat wrote:

maybe it is outsourced to India or something.

Apparently I cannot change your opinion of an Indian outsourced operation but outsourcing does not relieve the owning management of responsibility. If anything, a standard or missing response only implies that they are either not paying or paying poorly to the support team. Had they paid an Indian company to sit there and start responding, you would have been flooded with apologetic mails for each time you wrote to them.
Message 115 of 178
aks
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I had a call back today - very nice chat. My drive will be with me within 2 weeks.
Message 116 of 178
xhq
Aspirant
Aspirant

Which number did you call Aks? I guess I can't rely on themselves picking up my claim form from a dark corner.
Message 117 of 178
AlecEdworthy
Aspirant

You can call 0844 875 4000 (their published number) or 01344 458200 (unpublished but works, via saynoto0870.com) and then it's option 4 IIRC (specific menu option for promotions). They're running a callback system which means you leave a number and someone should contact you within 5 working days.

Alec
Message 118 of 178
bazzla
Aspirant

Saying that email/phonecalls will be responded to within 5 days is significantly different to actually responding to emails/phonecalls within 5 days. :evil:
Message 119 of 178
xhq
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Alec. Called 01344 458200 and left a message requesting them to call me back. Hopefull it will happen within 5 working days.
Message 120 of 178
klashy
Aspirant

Hi all, i have just discovered this forum-thread and would like to give my view.

I am appalled at the poor service of Netgear, especially their promotional team.

For me, i purchased the rnd2120 in July and submitted for the promotional offer of a 2tb hard drive on the 27th July!Nearing 4 months! I have still not received the drive. I have written countless emails, called numerous times to the same to same support agent, prior to them enforcing a call back system. My correspondence with netgear to date equals to 10 emails, 14 calls and i am still not any of the wiser on whether i will receive 2tb drive or not.

What is even more distressing is that the original supplied drive with the netgear product is now throwing warning, loosing sectors and the "admin web console" is recommending me to change the drive sooner rather than later.

Ranjanx wrote:

I agree with Ranjanx, they are defiantly doing last in, first out approach. What is even more interesting is that colleague of mine purchase the same device from the same supplier and sent off for his promotional drive only a day before mine. He happily received his drive, just outside of 28 days !?! go figure ?

Netgear's last reassurance to me was that it is a supplier issue with Seagate and that i will receive a drive ASAP. That was a month ago. Earlier posts to this thread clearly shows that Netgear are distributing drives to customers and is defiantly not a supplier issue.

I am now forced to take further action, to the bases of
a/ involve trading standards
b/ take this issue to small claims.
c/ even involve BBC watchdog - as this is not an isolated issue..
Message 121 of 178
BritBrat
Aspirant

Contact Queen_Padme and she may be able to help you out.

She helped me and I expect drive this week.

I even got an Email from them saying so, it has been the only comunication from them that told me anything I wanted to know.

Queen_Padme
Message 122 of 178
Ranjanx
Aspirant

Ok, so the last deadline I was given by the team lead for receiving it before today is over. I'm given him till lunch time to confirm shipping details if they have any. If I dont get that I am with anyone who's going ahead with legal recourse.
Message 123 of 178
nobinet
Aspirant

All I can say is that I sent off my application along with my receipt and barcode from package on 8 November and I received the 1 TB HDD by Royal Mail this morning 26 November!
Message 124 of 178
Ranjanx
Aspirant

Ranjanx wrote:
Ok, so the last deadline I was given by the team lead for receiving it before today is over. I'm given him till lunch time to confirm shipping details if they have any. If I dont get that I am with anyone who's going ahead with legal recourse.

Did get a call back and he's asked me to wait till monday and it might even be delivered today. Anyone else from the list of people waiting for a long time still waiting ?
Message 125 of 178
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements