× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ultra 6 hangs on boot

rkschmidt
Aspirant

Ultra 6 hangs on boot

Hello,

I've taken a look through the forum, but I can't quite see the relevant answer to my issue.

I was attempting to download logs from my ultra 6 when communication was lost to the unit (mapped drive couldn't access it, web interface didn't see unit, Raidar can't find it).

I tried a reboot (polite shutdown didn't work on the unit, so I held the power button for 5 seconds, it shut off, then I rebooted).

During reboot, the display on the unit shows the 6 drives appearing, says Check FS, then proceeds to booting...

Raidar sees the unit during the Check FS phase (and a while during booting...) - during which time it shows all drives as green, and says file system check

However, after a minute or so Raidar loses connection and the unit stays at 'booting...'

What are the next steps? I've tried unplugging the unit and restarting with identical results.

If I put it into boot menu, what option should I try? Clearly I want to preserve the data on the disks

Thanks
Message 1 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: Ultra 6 hangs on boot

This sounds like it could be a full OS partition. If the NAS is still under warrranty, enter a request for service at support.netgear.com.
Message 2 of 3
rkschmidt
Aspirant

Re: Ultra 6 hangs on boot

Given that the logs would have been fairly big, that sounds probable.

I've launched a service request -ticket 21655267

Thanks
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements