× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Unresponsive Pro 6 - can't ping, access, or see with Rai

thebusdet
Aspirant

Unresponsive Pro 6 - can't ping, access, or see with Raidar

Case # 20388556

Our new (weeks old) Pro 6 has been running great. However, today, we went to disconnect a USB backup drive via FrontView and the unit became unresponsive. You can't ping it or see it on Raidar. The power light is glowing blue, and the fans are running at a normal speed. However, when you press the power button to wake up the screen, the screen does not wake up.

It is running the newest version of Radiator (.21 I believe)

I have had an NV+ running for years and years without a problem like this. My gut instinct is to turn the unit off and back on, but support said that would damage things. Instead, they told me to remove ALL 4 drives to see if I could then access the unit. Luckily, I knew better than to follow that advice.

The cable works properly when I plug another device in. I believe the server is hung up. What is the best way to restart it?

Thank you!
Message 1 of 2
thebusdet
Aspirant

Re: Unresponsive Pro 6 - can't ping, access, or see with Rai

Well, I've now spoken to a second "expert" -- they use that term loosely in the call center, it seems. I tried to be very clear, but the agents really could not understand my question: how do I safely restart an unresponsive ReadyNAS?

I went ahead and rebooted the machine manually by holding down the power button and it reappeared on the network within minutes. It seems to be working fine for now -- there were no entries in the Logs indicating a problem.
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements