× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Will ReadyNAS volume setup delete all the data?

vfpeter
Tutor

Will ReadyNAS volume setup delete all the data?

Suddently, I am not able to access any mapped drives. I am also not able to get the browser admin gui. However, I can see it in RAIDar. But it is acking me to click on setup.

I see the message "The ReadyNAS is currently not configured with a volume. Please select from the options below to change the default settings and click to start initialization".

I have been using ReadyNAS for many years and have lot of data. I have 2 disk (2TB each), and use one for back in Raid. Will going through volume setup erase all my data?

p.s. I believe I had it previously configured in X-RAID2 configuration. 

p.s. This is another thread as my original thread was pertaining to my initial issue of not being able to even see it in RAIDar.  

Thanks,

Pete.

Model: RNDP200U|READYNAS ULTRA 2 PLUS|EOL
Message 1 of 8
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello vfpeter,

Yes performing a new volume setup will erase all the data save on the NAS. Did you receive alerts from the NAS for internal errors or hard drives errors that may have cause this problem. Please try to download the logs through the raidar and kindly provide a copy to us via web sharing website like wikisend and just PM us the download link.

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 8
vfpeter
Tutor

Thanks Marty.

I do not see any option to get to the logs in RAIDar. What am I missing?

Aslo, now in RAIDar, in left top side of the GUI, I see the message "corrupt root".

p.s. I did not get any alerts from NAS for internal errors or hard drives errors.

Message 3 of 8
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello vfpeter,

Just found that you have already contacted support for the NAS with regard to corrupt root error you are getting. Actually, that is what I would recommend you to do, with regard to the corrupt root error this will require assistance from our engineers and/or higher tier who can remotely into the NAS and fix this from the backend.  

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 8
vfpeter
Tutor

Thanks Marty. 

I was online with Tech Support. Unfortunately, they do not have the annual support plan for my device. I had to pay almost the same price for this one incident.

The level2 support could not fix it. So it has been escalated to level3 support. I am waiting to hear from them. 

Message 5 of 8
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello vfpeter,

It does appear that our engineers and/or higher tier support is already handling the concern. Please keep us posted on the progress of the case.

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 8
vfpeter
Tutor

The news is not good.  I have updated the status here :   Original Thread

Please post your comments there. 

Message 7 of 8
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello vfpeter,

It does appear there is another thread for this concern that is more up to date. I will for now close this thread and just focus on the other thread to avoid confusion and redundant follow ups.

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements