× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: mv_xor_status+88

StephenB
Guru

Re : mv_xor_status+88

I think the mv_xor_status+88 and the degraded status are actually two symptoms of the same problem.  I've never seen the other message, so I am clueless on that.

Message 51 of 80
Migmat
Guide

I 'm at 63% rebuilding on the 4th disk and it seems that the ShortRaver 's solution may work with me...

Will keep u posted

Cheers

Message 52 of 80
njpryan
Aspirant

Hi all

Just to continue with an update onmy NAS - I just had another freeze of my NAS with the following message:

clear_page_dirty_for_io+dc

Had to restart my NAS again and we are now back online with the flashing DATA DEGRADED on the panel but have acces again and can read and write files again.

I am now startng to wonder for how long more my NAS cane run at all under the current situation.

Any updates form ShortRaver or Migmat on that possible workaround and if ye can come back with an update or monitoring update.

Regards

NJP

Anyone have any idea why my NAS is behaving ike so and what the above message means

Message 53 of 80
Markuzz
Aspirant

All,

It seems the 6.5.1 OS release is not stable. I tried the 'ShortRaver solution' and that didn't work on my unit. As a precausion, I rebuild the volume on 3 drives, that seems to work properly so far.

@njpryan: A shame you cannot reach Netgear Support!

Kind regards, Markuzz.

Message 54 of 80
ShortRaver
Tutor

Everything has been working fine at my end, all drives running correctly, network access hasn't been an issue either. The only concern is the always on activity LEDs (which I can't remember was always the case). Performance looks fine in the UI though.

Message 55 of 80
njpryan
Aspirant

Hi ShortRaver,

Delighted that you seems to be back to normal.

I am still running 3 HDD's and the 4th sitting on a shelf for the moment.

I also have teh flashing DATA DEGRADED on the NAS

Can you PM me with the instructions on what you did.  I am currently on RAID 5 and I am still adding files etc as if nothing wrong with DATA DEGRADED but wondering how your instructions would affect my data etc.

If it doesn't affect the data then great I will use your workaround to see if it works. But please be as detailed as possible as then only concern are the errors that appear since yesterday of late but seem to be OS related instructed errors and freezes the NAS.

Hopefully your workaround will work for me also and will resolve the issues.  How did you come across the workaround also.

Thanks

NJP

Message 56 of 80
Migmat
Guide

Dear all

I'm on my last day.... 83% done and still no hard boot nor message 'data degraded' or 'mv_xor_status+88' as i had previously. Even if i can access to data during the rebuilding time I decided not to add remove or change any data.

Tomorrow will know if finally I can work with four drives

Message 57 of 80
Migmat
Guide

For NPJ

I followed ShortRaver instructions:

My nas was blinking with data degraded after having received the 'mv_xor_status+88' message

1/ I did a hard boot on my nas with the 4 disks.

2/ Just after the booting sequence I opened the netgear software interface in my PC and pressed the on/off button (up and right on the screen)

3/ The nas started to resync the previous volume with 3 disk (grren light) while the fourth was without any light

4/ Ihad during this procees a unique stop with the 'mv_xor_status+88' message

5/ I repeted 1/ and 2/

6/ The nas finished the resync and started to rebuild the volume with 4 disks

Now i'm close to see if it works. Tomorrow i hope it will be my last post

Hope it will help u

Cheers

And still not a single word from Netgear.... unbeliveable

Message 58 of 80
Migmat
Guide

I forgot the most important

With the second step u have to choose restart the nas after clicking the on/off button

Message 59 of 80
Migmat
Guide

Hi, everything has finished, the new volume has been reconstructed with 4 disks, no awkward messages, all the previous data seems to be there, now i'm transferring new data to see if finally everything works

Cheers

Message 60 of 80
StephenB
Guru

It'd be helpful if folks on this thread would reply to the PM I sent out last night.

If someone not on the thread is experiencing MV_XOR_STATUS+88 please let me know (a PM is best).

Message 61 of 80
Migmat
Guide

24 hours after finishig to rebuild the volume everything seems to work perfectly.

The nas is redundant with no issues transfering data

Good luck for the customers that still have this issue

Cheers 

Message 62 of 80
StephenB
Guru

@Migmat wrote:

Good luck for the customers that still have this issue

Please PM me if you do.

Message 63 of 80
tfs8271
Aspirant

So I've done this several times. Each time on the volumes page, the 4 drive is red. When I click on it, I have the option to reformat the drive. Go or bad?

Message 64 of 80
StephenB
Guru

@tfs8271 wrote:

So I've done this several times. Each time on the volumes page, the 4 drive is red. When I click on it, I have the option to reformat the drive. Go or bad?

Are you seeing mv_xor_status+88? If so, please PM me.
Message 65 of 80
Migmat
Guide

Dear tfs

Don't worry about the red light on disk four. After resync the system will rebuild the volume. Once is done the light will turn green (at least in my case...)

Message 66 of 80
Migmat
Guide

Last update:

3 days since the system rebuilt the volume. Everything is fine and working smoothly. Good luck for everybody regarding this issue

Message 67 of 80
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

There is a fix in ReadyNASOS 6.5.2-T486 (Beta 1)

Message 68 of 80
tfs8271
Aspirant

5th time was a charm... Or I wasn't patient enough the other times. Got caught in the Southwest server issues and stuck in San Diego for two days paid off. Just finished syncing and I'm in good shape.

Thanks for all the help to those that offered. Cheers!

Message 69 of 80
Venkman
Aspirant

Hello everyone,

I'm in France, and found the same problem when adding a 4th disk on my 104.

So I extracted the new disk and reboot the system,  but the GUI  is saying now that " data are dammaged".

The only solution I found is to upgrade my 104 with a Beta FW, underlining that the use of this will automatically end the waranty.

Does someone have any other solution?

Any risk for my data on the NAS (still available)?

Thank you for your support, as I didn't see any comment or support from Netgear on this topic.

Best regards. Ralph

Message 70 of 80
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I work for NETGEAR and made a general suggestion to try the beta firmware as it has a fix for the cause of this problem.

It doesn't end the warranty but support will be unable to help if you open a support case whilst you are running beta firmware. If you open a support case and support suggests during the troubleshooting that you update to beta firmware then that's entirely different.

Anyway if you are concerned you could do a factory reset (wipes all data, settings, everything) on non-beta firmware and support wouldn't see anything on the system to suggest that you'd ever used beta firmware.

We'd advise where possible that you update your regular backup before installing beta firmware.

If you run into issues on beta firmware then you can post about it in the beta section of the community. We can do our best to try to help on the community but this may be well short of what would be possible via a support case. We carefully monitor the feedback provided on beta firmware.

Message 71 of 80
Venkman
Aspirant

Hi mdgm, and thank you for your answer.

Unfortunately, I canot backup my whole content of the RN104 (reason why I decided to ad a 4th disk).

Could you tell me, when showing "data dammaged", if this will be solved when upgrading and then adding the new disk?

Thank you very mcuh for your answer.

Kind regards.

Message 72 of 80
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Is that written in English or is that your translation of what is written in another language such as French?

I would have expected to see something like "Data: degraded" indicating that there is no or reduced redundancy on the volume at the moment (depending on which RAID level is being used). This would be solved by adding a replacement disk, yes.

There are always going to be risks associated with storing data on just one device no matter which device that is.

Our support case process is designed for dealing with issues on production firmware. If common issues emerge then agents can be educated on those. With beta firmware there is a possibility of different issues which may be new and change from beta to beta.

Message 73 of 80
Venkman
Aspirant

Hi mdgm,

Sorry, it was a problem of translation. It displays "data degraded".

So thank you for your clarifications and reply.

Best regards.

Message 74 of 80
StephenB
Guru

@Venkman wrote:

Hi mdgm,

Sorry, it was a problem of translation. It displays "data degraded".

That is normal then, because you removed a disk.  If I were in your situation, I'd upgrade to 6.5.2 and then re-install the fourth disk.

But there some worry here, since you have no backup and the volume is getting full.  Ideally you'd get some USB drives and back up at least the critical data before you do anything else.

Message 75 of 80
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 79 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 14 in conversation
Announcements