× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

recover deleted files

t_e_x
Aspirant

recover deleted files

Hello,

I'm running a ReadyNAS Pro Business Edition [X-RAID2] as an iSCSI-target connected to Windows Server 2008.

Case: A user accidentally deleted a folder which is not included i daily backup, but I have the whole iscsi-file backed up to a USB disk from the ReadyNAS (including the missing files).

I have tried several "undelete-softwares" but only one of them (EASEUS Data Recovery) seem to find any deleted files on the volume - unfortunately not the ones I'm looking for.

1. Is it possible to access the files inside the "iSCSI-file" on the USB disk whitout replacing the file and mount it on the ReadyNAS?
2. Is there any other software than EASEUS Data Recovery, that will recover deleted files from the ReadyNAS iSCSI target?

Regards
Tex
Message 1 of 6
Grievous
Aspirant

Re: recover deleted files

1. No, unless you happen to have another server with an iscsi daemon that happens to support that particular file.
2. Not that I'm aware of.
Message 2 of 6
t_e_x
Aspirant

Ok, that's life.
Thank You anyway.
Message 3 of 6
goldrush76
Aspirant

do you have Previous Versions / Shadowcopies enabled on your Server 2008 shares?
That's the easiest first line of defense against end-user idiocy to enable on every file server deployment....
Message 4 of 6
mangrove
Apprentice

t-e-x wrote:
Hello,

I'm running a ReadyNAS Pro Business Edition [X-RAID2] as an iSCSI-target connected to Windows Server 2008.

Case: A user accidentally deleted a folder which is not included i daily backup, but I have the whole iscsi-file backed up to a USB disk from the ReadyNAS (including the missing files).

I have tried several "undelete-softwares" but only one of them (EASEUS Data Recovery) seem to find any deleted files on the volume - unfortunately not the ones I'm looking for.

1. Is it possible to access the files inside the "iSCSI-file" on the USB disk whitout replacing the file and mount it on the ReadyNAS?
2. Is there any other software than EASEUS Data Recovery, that will recover deleted files from the ReadyNAS iSCSI target?

Regards
Tex

This is also a case where the procedure detailed in http://www.readynas.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=126&t=63384#p359909 would work perfectly. The iSCSI file is a disk image, and should be treated as such. Backed up iSCSI files can easily be mounted directly and even if backing up them seems kind of wasteful, backup-window-wise, it should give excellent recoverability. 😄
Message 5 of 6
laithabdul
Aspirant

Hi
I have readynas 4220 i delet isci and i have data on isci and dont work backup how to restor data
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements