× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

A6210 not detected and cant access 5G

zigbean
Follower

A6210 not detected and cant access 5G

I bought this adapter recently and it installed and worked fine with 5G for a day. After that I had a Windows update which seemed to mess everything up. First, with the adapter plugged in I can only see my 2.4G network, but I can see my neighbours' 5G networks. I tried reinstalling my drivers with the CD but when it comes to the part where it detects the actual adapter it cannot detect it. Also in Device Manager my adapter simply shows up as, "802.11ac Wireless LAN Card" instead of the actual name of the adapter. I've also tried downloading the mediatek drivers, changing the Firewall and updating the drivers through device manager to no avail. Can anyone help?

Model: A6210|AC1200 High Gain Antenna WiFi USB Adapter
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
Spike_AZ
Aspirant

Re: A6210 not detected and cant access 5G

Installed latest software version 36

Seems to be working

Genie found the adapter and installed and hooked up 5G

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 10

All Replies
GilM
Aspirant

Hi Zigbean

I am having the same exact problems with my Netgear A6210 Wi-FI USB adapter all good until windows upgrade last week.

I don't see my cable modems 5GHz signal but I can see three other 5GHz SSID's in the wi-fi panel. Very Strange

AND it is not a case of my 5GHz signal from my Netgear 6300 cable being down as I have Fluke specilaist wi-fi testing equipment and the 5GHz is present and my other devices are working on it.

I have tried previous versions of software 32 & 34 no good all of these were downloaded from the Netgear support site.

I tried re-installing my old Netgear USB Wi-Fi Adapter A6200 no good.

Another thing I have noticed is that Netgear Genie will not open as well

I have a standard PC with windows 10 up and running I have not fiddled with the windows environment.

Sorry I can't help but I thought I would let you know that the problem is not isolated.

Model: A6200|AC1200 WiFi USB Adapter,A6210|AC1200 High Gain Antenna WiFi USB Adapter
Message 2 of 10
GilM
Aspirant

Hi Zigbean

I have solved the problem.

1. Open up the Windows 10 Device Manager
  2. From the list open Network Adapters  -  Select and right click on 802.11ac Wireless LAN Card
  3. Select "Update Driver Software" and click
  4. Select “Let me pick from the list of drivers on my computer”
  5. Select the Netgear A6210 WiFi USB3.0 Adapter
  6. Then click next
  7. The driver will now re-install and you should see the message "Windows has successfully updated your driver".

This is how I solved my problem and I can now see my 5GHz SSID and connect to it

Message 3 of 10
Jaha
Aspirant

Hello

Same problem that i cant connect to usb wifi adapter when trying install drivers.

It started with no 5ghz after win 10 anniversary update, then i tried to uinstall and then install latest driver A6210_v1.0.0.35 no luck with connecting to usb wifi adapter.

Tried A6210_v1.0.0.34 no luck, tried update from device manager as suggested but name dont change on device, still 802.11ac Wireless LAN Card. It says successfully driver chage but not changing.

Wonder why driver update dont change device name and not update it correctly. I think there a lot of us outhrere looking for a solution for this problem.

Hopefully Netgear will release fix in future  A6210_v1.0.0.36 because the solution in forum only works for some people.

Message 4 of 10
Spike_AZ
Aspirant

Edition Windows 10 pro and Windows Home

Version 1607

OS Build 14933.222

64 bit operating system

Internal wireless on two computers work fine.

Installed A6120. Hooks up to internet for a few minutes then disconnects.

I have disabled the internal wireless devices on both computers.

I have installed on two computers with the same results.

Router Netgear Model R6300v2.

A6120 Driver A6210_v1.0.0.35

I have not found anything that will keep the A6120 connected.

I have tried several fixes found on the Netgear Community pages, of which none have worked for me.

If I disconnect and reconnect it works again for a few minutes then it disconnects again.

I have tried  A6210_v1.0.0.35.exe   and   A6210_v1.0.0.35-Standalone.exe   Installations.

During install the device is not detected but it has unstalled.  So many peopole with issues and they all seem to vary slightly with the bottom line, Not working as advertised.  Sent my info directly to support and waiting for answer.  If i get it working I will post what the results and the fix.

🙂

Message 5 of 10
SEP555
Aspirant

I have just bought this too on the basis i thought it worked with AU. I was wrong. 1511 fine. 1607 it uses this 5.1.22.0. It seems to be the same mediatek driver no matter what adapter you use and ive been unable to delete it and use the previous driver.

My wifes laptop was forced AU today. Internet dead. Luckily immediately reverted back to previous build.

Please netgear MS someone anyone get rid of this damn 5.1.22.0 and mediatek. Its been months now...
Message 6 of 10
Spike_AZ
Aspirant

Started Device Setup Manager in Windows 10 as required by Netgear and the “Not Detected” box does not appear anymore.  Still asks me to connect the A6210 again.  Software installed. A6210 connects to internet.  Connection lasts for a minute or so then disconnects.   Uninstalled previous version.  Did everything by the book.  No Joy.

Downloaded the latest software. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/A6210.aspx?cid=wmt_netgear_organic#download

Message 7 of 10
Spike_AZ
Aspirant

Received this answer from Netgear 

1. Did you recently update the drivers in your windows 10 computer(windows 10 anniversary update)?

2. If yes, I request you to roll back the update to previous version by contacting your computer vendor or technician.

It seems like the new update on the windows 10 is not compatible with the adapter driver.

The only work around for now is the roll.

We have already notified this issue to the concerned team. I am sorry for the inconvenience caused.

If I get it up and running I will post back HERE

Message 8 of 10
Spike_AZ
Aspirant

Hello NETGEAR are you listening.  It has been almost two months since my post and I am still off line with the 5g.  Update 35 is still the latest version available.

Message 9 of 10
Spike_AZ
Aspirant

Installed latest software version 36

Seems to be working

Genie found the adapter and installed and hooked up 5G

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies