Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I keep on loosing internet connection after switching from optimum provided (leased) cable modem

drsolaris
Aspirant

I keep on loosing internet connection after switching from optimum provided (leased) cable modem

I keep on loosing internet connection after switching from optimum provided (leased) cable modem with BYOD CM1000 from netgear

please see attached file for details.

Model: CM1000|Ultra-High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS® 3.1 Ready
Message 1 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: I keep on loosing internet connection after switching from optimum provided (leased) cable modem

Besure there are not coax cable line splitters between the modem and ISP service box. 

Use good quality RG6 coax cabling up to the modem. 

Contact the ISP and have them check the line signal and quality UP to the modem. 

@drsolaris wrote:

I keep on loosing internet connection after switching from optimum provided (leased) cable modem with BYOD CM1000 from netgear

please see attached file for details.

Message 2 of 10
drsolaris
Aspirant

Re: I keep on loosing internet connection after switching from optimum provided (leased) cable modem

cable company (optimum) tech came.

ran some tests usining his tester and told me there is noting wrong with the cable(line) or the service and suggrested it was the bad netgear modem and i should try another modem i agreed.... and now I am leasing amodem from cable company and my conection has not gone down since.

so now I am going to try and return this CM1100 back to costco.

Message 3 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

May have been a faulty mocem. Can try another if you wish. 

Thanks for letting us know. 

Good Luck. 

Message 4 of 10
drsolaris
Aspirant

I got new modem which I think worked fine for couple of days but now those errors are back and at present it is very bad dropping connection constantly. See attached pdf files which has events log.

Message 5 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Did you get the same model modem or something different. 

Anything near your modem like other electronic devices by chance. Where is the modem placed? 

If a new modem is now doing the same thing, seems like ISP needs to look at there logs and the condition of the modem signal when this is happending so they can see whats going on. You may need to get a modem from the ISP for short term use and see if it happens there. IF it does, then the ISP needs to figure this out. 

Message 6 of 10
drsolaris
Aspirant

Here is a signal details

Message 7 of 10
drsolaris
Aspirant

I did get a modem from ISP which I tried for couple of days. Here are event logs from ISP leased modem.

Message 8 of 10
drsolaris
Aspirant

I did get a modem from ISP which I tried for couple of days. Here is signal detail from ISP leased modem.

Message 9 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

What model# is the Arris modem? 

Has the ISP looked at this information from the Arris modem? 

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7