Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: SRX5308 VLAN 2 has no internet access

mikeg86
Aspirant

SRX5308 VLAN 2 has no internet access

Hello, I bought an SRX5308 for use with hosting Virtual Private Servers and hoped it would be able to do everything I needed, mainly because of the gigabit WAN-to-LAN throughput. The setup I require is like so:

I have a single gigabit WAN connection from my datacenter, which supplies me with all my IP public addresses that I am wanting to assign to the virtual servers behind the firewall. These IP addresses have multiple subnets and gateways, which is currently not possible on the SRX5308 with a single WAN port, however I have contacted support and am awaiting a solution to this.

The setup will be that each VPS has their own single IP on thier own VLAN, and is assigned a public IP address through the firewall for external access. Currently I have a single physical server that is connected to LAN1, which will have multiple virtual servers on it.

I have been able to accomplish my setup using the default VLAN 1 (192.168.2.x), so using secondary WAN 1 ip addresses as the external IP's for VLAN 1.

I then tried to setup a VLAN 2 as 192.168.3.x and have a CentOS VPS server setup with a static IP on this range:

IPADDR=192.168.3.99
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
GATEWAY=192.168.3.1

I then try and ping an address using this VPS and i get nothing. It is as if the VLAN 2 is not working at all. Also, when I go to the "LAN Groups" view, I can only see the single server I have assigned on VLAN 1 (192.168.2.203), nothing for VLAN 2.

It is not the network configuration in the VPS, because if I change it to:

IPADDR=192.168.2.99
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
GATEWAY=192.168.2.1

I get ping results.

Could anyone please help me on setting this up and trying to get other VLAN's internet access.

If this configuration is not possible I will have to scrap using the SRX5308.

Thank you.
Message 1 of 3
adit
Mentor

LAN Groups only shows the primary VLAN. To ping between VLAN's you need to enable Inter-VLAN routing.
Message 2 of 3
mikeg86
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply. I have decided to scrap using the SRX5308 as it cannot accommodate all that I need. I have chosen to use a dedicated CentOS server with multiple Gbit NICS along with iptables as my firewall, as this allows for greater flexibility.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements