× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Problem with adding additional ports to VLAN

dstryker
Aspirant

Problem with adding additional ports to VLAN

I have a GSM7352Sv2 switch on which I have a VLAN setup. The VLAN is pretty simple in that it is currently comprised of 5 ports. It is used mainly to separate out ports for an iscsi setup. I am trying to add two additional ports in the VLAN and I believe I did that correctly as they show as members of the VLAN but I cannot ping anything from the server consisting of the new ports or from the other devices to the new server. If I take the cable from the new server and plug it into a different port outside of the VLAN and then take another computer and set it up with the same IP scheme/subnet mask the two ping back and forth fine. I also took the other computer and plugged it into one of the new ports for the VLAN with the IP scheme/subnet mask same as the other devices in there and cannot talk to anything. Therefore I am thinking the problem is with the VLAN setup somewhere. Any ideas on what to check would greatly be appreciated.
Message 1 of 3
Kelvin
Aspirant

Did you set the PVID of the port to correspond to the VLAN ID?
Message 2 of 3
dstryker
Aspirant

That was it, I forget to set the PVID of the new ports. Everything working now.

Thanks.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements