Announcements

Shop Meural NFT Displays

Polls
What is your Experience with NETGEAR Insight cloud management?

Larger Cloud Space

We have had the canvas just a short 6 weeks and I have run out of space as of this am. I am currently awaiting a reply from customer service if I can buy additional space. Before this issue came up we were discussing buying a second canvas, but as two canvases share the amount of cloud space, this offers no help to our problem. We are nowhere near the number of photos we want on the canvas and were anticipating growing into the canvas over years, not weeks. HELP!

12 Comments
KevinJ_K
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Pacific,

Thank you for the question. If you are interested in more Cloud space to store your photos, you can purchase a Meural membership. Members receive  access to 20 GB of Meural Cloud storage for personal uploads. Non-members only receive 2 GB of Cloud storage.

Regards,

NETGEAR Meural Community Team

SonjaCanada
Aspirant

PLEASE consider offering an option to purchase additional cloud space at a reasonable price.  I use the Meural only for my own photography and find your membership price very steep when I have NO interest in subsidizing the royalties you must pay for fine art reproductions.  Your photography customers will be forever grateful.

HolgerScheller
Aspirant

I'd like to emphasize this. It is great to have a large art library, but for photographers it is essential to be able to share their own work. Nowadays 20 GB is almost nothing. Everything you could offer here is very much appreciated!

In addition let me talk about the SD card support currently in place. It is a shame what currently is offered. It shouldn't be a big development effort - I'm working in this industry for more than 20 years - to at least lift the limit of "just 4 folders". To be able having your own names would improve the ussage of this device also significantley. Last but not least it is important to be able to organize your own library and therefore support for subfolders in the meural1-4 folders is essential. 

I hope Meural product development team has a strong "customer first" in mind and the understanding that even this is a good start it would need some investment to make it an outstanding experience.

Thank's listening!

KevinJ_K
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello HolgerScheller,

Thank you for the feedback. We will share this with the Meural product manager. Perhaps this will be an option or an increase in Cloud storage space. Stay tuned for any future announcements.

Regards,

NETGEAR Team

Pacific
Star

Hi Kevin,

We did buy the membership with the canvas, and have appreciated having it in addition to downloading our own photos. We hoped to have a canvas we could grow into. We bought our canvas in early December 2019 and it has 4 GB of Canvas Space which we used up in six short weeks with just 600 photo/artwork, some of which we purchased from Netgear. We noticed that the new canvases now have 8GB of Canvas Space, but that will still give us only 1200 photos. We have vacation photos that exceed 100 photos! 

We certainly enjoy adding artwork to the canvas, but you are shooting yourselves in the foot by having such a limited amount of Canvas Space. We certainly are loving having artwork playlists in addition to our own photograph playlists, and are willing to buy artwork. But with no additional Canvas Space, we cannot download anymore.

We can, and will switch to the SD card, but as Holger Scheller noted, we wanted to also showcase our photos and having only 4 additional playlists allowed on the SD card, as well as no way to have a software interface where we could add information on our photographs, or move them around easily is like having a 2500 slide carousel.

Some of our vacation trips are best set up to tell a story and it would be awesome to be able to add information to the photographs to let us know the date and place of the photo, like we can on the Canvas Space, which is an awesome feature.

Like HolgerScheller said, a Canvas Space of 64 GB would be more in the league of a 700, plus membership canvas. And would be greatly apprecated by photographers, and art lovers alike. I am curenly in a holding pattern as I have maxed out my canvas, and know how much work it is to set up a 100 photo vacation sequence in the order I want the flow to go. Getting lost in the SD Card with no supportive software, or sublists, is not the direction I want to go in. I would hate to buy a second canvas only to see that I once again use up the available space in a few weeks.

I am hoping this is a growing pains process and that Netgear makes some changes fast. 

@HolgerScheller @SonjaCanada @KevinJ_K  

KevinJ_K
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Pacific,

Thank you for sharing your feedback of what you'd like to see in regards to storage. I have passed this on to the product manager and the Meural team. It will be reviewed and taken into consideration. At this time, we do not have any information and suggest checking back in the future.

Regards,

Kevin K., NETGEAR Meural Community Team

schumaku
Guru

Not sure duplicating pictures which typically already reside on other cloud storage is the right way to go.

Instead, allowing to link the ubiquitous Google Photos or Apple Photos photos and albums is the way to go. Everything left to the Meural App and Web UI is marking the "allowed" Albums to be shown.

jagpreet
Novice

Absolutely agree with @schumaku above. We cannot keep up with many copies of photos all over the place and pay for them.

Please consider allowing a link to Google / Apple iCloud photos.

ceridwen484
Fledgling

Like HolgerScheller said, a Canvas Space of 64 GB would be more in the league of a 700, plus membership canvas. And would be greatly apprecated by photographers, geometry dash and art lovers alike. I am curenly in a holding pattern as I have maxed out my canvas, and know how much work it is to set up a 100 photo vacation sequence in the order I want the flow to go. Getting lost in the SD Card with no supportive software, or sublists, is not the direction I want to go in. I would hate to buy a second canvas only to see that I once again use up the available space in a few weeks.

Read
Novice

From Read:

I have a Meural Digital Photo Frame, purchased about a month ago.  I purchased the 20 GB cloud storage to upload my albums from the photos stored on my iPhone.  Works fine until it reaches 6.2GB storage, and then gives the message “Your Canvas is out of space’.  I seem to be able to continue uploading albums but cannot send them to the Canvas to view.

I have contacted the NetGear help and had numerous emails - with very little help.  They said to delete the canvas and reload.  I did this as well as deleting all uploaded albums.  But when I tried to reload, the same problem occurred - only accepts 6.2GB of storage. 

Any suggestions?