Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Armor subscription activated but not not applied to RBR50

jhelton
Guide

Re: Armor subscription activated but not not applied to RBR50

Thanks for the info.

Have been a Netgear user off and on for many years.  Began in computers in the early days of home computing when ATARI, Texas Instruments, Commadore and the like. My first was a TI 99-A.

Began using Netgear products when they first began and have continued to use them off and on for many years.

In the begining If you had a problem with a Netgear product Tech Support was always helpful and respnosive.  Almost like Microsoft Tech Support or Apple Tech Support. Those days are far gone. Now it seems the tech companies want to get product out of the door as quickly as possible so instead of getting the product truly ready to be released they let the public be their beta testers. This issue of going from the trial version to the paid version should never have happened. Just poor management on the part of Netgear and/or Bit Defender.  Come to think of it, I think Microsoft ALWAYS let the public do some of their Beta Testing.  🙂

Message 26 of 52
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi all, please make sure that the activation code is used on armor.netgear.com and not on central.bitdefender.com. If the issue does persist, please send me a private message with your router serial number and the email used for the subscription.

Dexter

Message 27 of 52
jhelton
Guide

Thought I would provide some update.

So far, several emails between me and Bit Defender/Netgear tech support. Have provided the SN of my router, the email address used to upgrade from trial to full version of Bit Defender, chat transcripts of conversations with Bit Defender tech support, Bit Defender Activation number, pics of my status page on armor.netgear.com, pic of my status page on Bit Defender, both showing the paid version available and I believe the name of my non-existant dog!  Must be an insurmountable problem. Still showing "EXPIRED" on the Security Tab of the Orbi App and "Not Activated" in the Security Section of the Web Login to the Router. In the meantime, the countdown continues to the day when I get to renew.  What a deal! 🙂 

Message 28 of 52

That's crazy. I didn't have to do any of that. Doesn't make sense how they're handling this.

@jhelton wrote:

Thought I would provide some update.

So far, several emails between me and Bit Defender/Netgear tech support. Have provided the SN of my router, the email address used to upgrade from trial to full version of Bit Defender, chat transcripts of conversations with Bit Defender tech support, Bit Defender Activation number, pics of my status page on armor.netgear.com, pic of my status page on Bit Defender, both showing the paid version available and I believe the name of my non-existant dog!  Must be an insurmountable problem. Still showing "EXPIRED" on the Security Tab of the Orbi App and "Not Activated" in the Security Section of the Web Login to the Router. In the meantime, the countdown continues to the day when I get to renew.  What a deal! 🙂 

Message 29 of 52
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi all, other users have reported that Bitdefender was able to fix it for them. Also, NETGEAR engineering was already made aware and are looking into it.  For a more immediate resolution, you can contact Bitdefender on the link below or make a follow up if you have an existing ticket.

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Dexter

Message 30 of 52

Thanks for the info Dexter.
Message 31 of 52
Gudel2
Apprentice

Yes I also contacted bitdefender support with my info along with activation code. NOTHING YET! i did this 6/29/19 I have ticket# also With my issue NO RESONSE.

So SAD!

Message 32 of 52
Gudel2
Apprentice

Did the bitdefender email for support and yesterday did the chat, the person in the chat said he would move to another level. This was reported 6/29. Support is not good.

No answer yet.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 33 of 52
jhelton
Guide

Well, my netgear armor/bit defender free trail to paid version finally is a reality. The paid version became active overnight. Not to be a nitpicker but I began this process during the trail version since my armor netgear/bit defender account showed 2 activations. I was assured at that time the paid version would automatically roll over to cover the router. It didn't and now instead of having had 360 days of coverage, which I paid for. It only took 77 days to resolve the matter.  I am down to only 288 days of protection left.  77 days of missing coverage. Better late than never I guess. 🙂

Message 34 of 52

Ask them to make up the days. I did just that and got 2 months added on.

Message 35 of 52
Gudel2
Apprentice

UPDATE:!!!!!  Hello everyone my problem was resolved July 3 2019

I contacted bdsupport along with their chat service along with netgear.

So please if you have the same problem try all of these resources you will get the help.

Just disappointed it that long to resolve.

Message 36 of 52
tgltgl
Star

What was the solution to your problem? Did you have to reset your router (or even worse re-apply the latest firmware and reset)? Anyhow, their support were very friendly with me on the phone as well when I called, but insisted this was the only solution. This I already suspected and honestly did not need to call them for them to tell me. Anyhow, I'm not interested in trying that at all (I'm not interested in redoing my settings because their developers don't know how to implement simple account activation withough making users go through this process). I'm sure this will get "fixed" next time they upgrade the firmware (but then there will at least be a beter reason to go through the reset). But either way, after this experience I"m not renewing this service after my subscription expires.

Message 37 of 52
Gudel2
Apprentice

I did nothing but wait.The issue was on their end.

Message 38 of 52
tgltgl
Star

I just checked (via Android app) and my Orbi is stilll showing Armor activation as 'expired' so whatever they fixed on their end certainly did not fix my problem.

Message 39 of 52
Gudel2
Apprentice

so you are saying that bitdefender told you that it was fixed?

you should have an email from them saying it is.

Message 40 of 52
tgltgl
Star

I got email from Netgear telling me they are closing my ticket due to no follow up on it - which is fine because I did not call them back after they told me that the only fix was to do complete reset and re-install of firmware (which I am not willing to do at this time). The reason I checked anyway whether the issue may have been fixed was because you said that you did nothing and simply by waiting your issue was fixed (due to something they probably did on back end). It seemed logical that if they fixed something on the back end that could have fixed that same issue for the rest of us who seemingly have the exact same problem - but obviously no such luck.

Message 41 of 52
LadySapphy
Guide

I been 30 min wait on BDChat.  It keeps saying I am next and the wait should be 4 min.  This is stupid how many issues we have with these.  I have had issues with the last 3 firmwares.  I now randomly have to reboot when the router stops routing.  

Message 42 of 52
LadySapphy
Guide

Finally got to someone in BD chat and they are telling me they have to esculate it and someday someone will get back to me.  Worthless support.

Message 43 of 52

I was told the same thing, they got back to me the very next day. I then asked for the days that I had lost due to the issue, the gave me an extra two months of service. 

Message 44 of 52
konabob
Guide

I will try Bitdefender support. When I login to the Netgear Support site it says my Phone, Email, and Chat support have expired, although hardware support is still active. Sub-optimal given that I just purchased a newly offered and Netgear enabled feature for my router. Thanks for your response and suggestion.

Message 45 of 52
tgltgl
Star

My issue got resolved only after Dexter got involved (I sent him the info he requested which he passed along and a day later my subscription was activated - I did not have to do anything). A day later I also installed the new Orbi firmware (I was worried whether that may mess up the subscription somehow, but thankfully the subscription remained activated).

Thanks to Dexter for his kind help to get this resolved.

Message 46 of 52
wclute
Aspirant

Dexter,

My name is Bill Clute and I activated Armor with the e-mail address:clute39@charter.net. The account is active on Netgear.armor.com but showing as expired on Orbi app. I have attached a screenshot of the serial number for my router. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Message 47 of 52
konabob
Guide

Hello Bill, it may be helpful if you send DexterJB a private message on this forum. He was able to get the same issue resolved for me.

Message 48 of 52
dwhTexas
Aspirant

Ok, I have to admit, I decided to be patient and see if things would work out with a software upgrade.  But they have not.  The Online Armor protection is still not active on my router.  I tried using the Support link on the Online Armor website and did get a response from Bitdefender, who only confirmed that things looked activated from the portal end.  When I tried to reply, over a week ago, I never got another response back.  I think this Online Armor thing is a good idea, both for Negear and Bitdefender.  And, I want this to work.  So, I will post the same message that I sent to BitDefender after their first response in hopes that I can get some help here.

====================

Hi Cristian,

Thank for your response to my email and confirming that I did indeed properly activate my account on the armor.bitdefender.com website.  But, that is not my problem and unfortunately the support link didn't give me enough characters to fully articulate my problem.  In short, here is the status of my issue.

1. Yes, I did purchase the Netgear Armor, probably in June as you have confirmed.
2. Yes, I was able to activate the account on the Netgear Armor (armor.netgear.com) website.
3. Yes, the Netgear Armor site does show the account to be active and seems to have registered my router.
4. But, the web client for my Netgear Orbi router shows the Netgear Armor as "Not Activated".
5. Furthermore, on the Orbi App for my IPhone it also shows as "Not Activated".
6. If I click on the Security button in my Orbi App, I get an option to activate a trial.
7. Then if I click on the "Activate Trail" button, I get "Error, Failed to Subscribe".

The problem is NOT with using the Bitdefender Total Security suite on any of my devices.  I can do that.  The problem is that the security functionality does not appear to be activating on my Router.  I have tried installing the latest firmware and doing a factory reset, but still have had no luck getting the Netgear Armor (powered by Bitdefender) security functionality to activate and operate on my router.  For reference, the serial number of my router is 4PM7715N05774, also shown in Image5, attached.  Can you help me with this?

Kind Regards,
(Name, city, and phone number redacted)
====================
I don't know whether the issue was closed after his response or what happened.  But, I have not received a response.  If it helps, I actually purchased the product online with my PC a couple days after the subscription ended.  I have not been able to get it active since them.  After already losing two months on my subscription, I would really like to get this working properly.  Any help that folks here could provide me would be greatly appreciate.

David
Message 49 of 52
konabob
Guide

Hello dwhTexas, I had this same issue. I sent a private message on this forum to @DexterJB and he was able to get the issue resolved. He asked for my router serial number and the case number I opened with Bitdefender. The case I opened with Bitdefender hadn't gone anywhere until Dexter got involved. It took a few days over the weekend but it did get done. Also once Bitdefender got back to me I asked if the could extend the expiration date of my subscription by I month because I had lost about 3 weeks, and they did it. Good luck.

Message 50 of 52
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 51 replies
  • 43 kudos
  • 13 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7