× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Power On ReadNAS 422 and reboots...

FerociousNAS
Tutor

Power On ReadNAS 422 and reboots...

Hello all,

Power On my RN422 and after 30 seconds it reboots and then fully boots up. Also have a RN524 doing the same but after two reboot it fully boots up. Other then that they both work fine. I updated the firmware to 6.10.9 but no change. Checked the fan and power supply too.

Anyone else experienced this issue?

Thx.

Message 1 of 7
StephenB
Guru

@FerociousNAS wrote:

Power On my RN422 and after 30 seconds it reboots and then fully boots up. Also have a RN524 doing the same but after two reboot it fully boots up. Other then that they both work fine. I updated the firmware to 6.10.9 but no change. Checked the fan and power supply too.

Anyone else experienced this issue?

Odd.  Download the log zip files, and see if you can figure out what is happening.  Maybe start by looking in dmesg.log.

Message 2 of 7
FerociousNAS
Tutor

Thank but the logs show no errors.... 🤔

Message 3 of 7
StephenB
Guru

@FerociousNAS wrote:

Thank but the logs show no errors.... 🤔

You should be seeing something in the log zip around the time of the second reboot.

FWIW, I am not seeing this behavior in my own ReadyNAS.

Message 4 of 7
FerociousNAS
Tutor

ok I got the zip log file this time.... Looked at the dmes.log. Not really sure what I'm looking for? 🤔

Message 5 of 7
StephenB
Guru

How are you shutting down the NAS?

The errors in dmesg indicate that the volume is resyncing and also that the usb drive was not properly unmounted.  So I am wondering if you doing a clean shutdown when you power down the NAS.

Message 6 of 7
FerociousNAS
Tutor

Issue seems to be resolved. I replaced the dead CMOS CR2032 battery and let the HDD sync up. Unplugged the power and flushed the flee power by holding down the power button for 10 sec, plugged power brick pack in and started up w/o the multiple reboots. I will leave it unplugged for a few hrs and report back.

Thanks for the help! 🙂

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements