× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RN 104 - USB Compatibility

Tommo2008
Aspirant

RN 104 - USB Compatibility

Hi guys,

I have recently purchased a 128GB USB Drive from MyMemory (http://www.mymemory.co.uk/USB-Flash-Dri ... rive---Red) however my problem is that when I attempt to plug it directly into my Nas, the 104 doesnt recognise it. It works fine on my Windows based PC though so I am a bit stumped.

I was wondering if anyone would be able to shed some light on this issue.

Thanks!!
Message 1 of 16
Nhellie
Virtuoso

did you use these formats?

FAT32
NTFS
EXT2
EXT3
Message 2 of 16
RX
Luminary
Luminary

While your 128GB USB Drive is connected to the USB port of NAS, have you seen an 'upward triangle' icon on the Overview page just like what is shown on the 2nd image on this article: http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detai ... /related/1 ????

Have you tried inserting your 128GB USB Drive to other USB ports of your NAS?
Message 3 of 16
Tommo2008
Aspirant

Nhellie wrote:
did you use these formats?

FAT32
NTFS
EXT2
EXT3

Hi Nhellie,

Yep the stick is in FAT32, even Low Level Formatted it to see if that worked. 😞
Message 4 of 16
Tommo2008
Aspirant

Ixa wrote:
While your 128GB USB Drive is connected to the USB port of NAS, have you seen an 'upward triangle' icon on the Overview page just like what is shown on the 2nd image on this article: http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detai ... /related/1 ????

Have you tried inserting your 128GB USB Drive to other USB ports of your NAS?

Hi Ixa, the nas box just doesnt do anything, the light on the drive lights up but then extinguishes.

Also tried all 3 USB Ports to the same result 😞

Thanks
Message 5 of 16
RX
Luminary
Luminary

Do you have a spare USB drive other than your 128GB USB Drive that you could try?
Have you tried to reboot your NAS while your 128GB USB Drive is connected to it?
What is the current firmware version of your NAS?
Message 6 of 16
Tommo2008
Aspirant

Ixa wrote:
Do you have a spare USB drive other than your 128GB USB Drive that you could try?
Have you tried to reboot your NAS while your 128GB USB Drive is connected to it?
What is the current firmware version of your NAS?

Just tried a reboot with it plugged and it still didnt read it although Ive just tried a 2GB drive and that worked fine....

Im currently running on V6.2.2
Message 7 of 16
RX
Luminary
Luminary

It seems that your 128GB USB Drive is not compatible with your NAS since you have also tried formatting it to FAT32...
Message 8 of 16
StephenB
Guru

Is the drive running the U3 security stuff?
Message 9 of 16
Tommo2008
Aspirant

StephenB wrote:
Is the drive running the U3 security stuff?

I don't believe so as I've done a low level format to fat32 so that would get rid of any security software (I believe but am happy to be corrected!)
Message 10 of 16
Tommo2008
Aspirant

Ixa wrote:
It seems that your 128GB USB Drive is not compatible with your NAS since you have also tried formatting it to FAT32...

I initially thought that but my friend has the same drive that works on his 102 so that's why I'm so stumped :-s
Message 11 of 16
StephenB
Guru

Did you try both the USB 3 and USB 2 ports on the NAS?
Message 12 of 16
Tommo2008
Aspirant

StephenB wrote:
Did you try both the USB 3 and USB 2 ports on the NAS?

Yep unfortunately so 😞
Message 13 of 16
RX
Luminary
Luminary

Tommo2008 wrote:
Ixa wrote:

I initially thought that but my friend has the same drive that works on his 102 so that's why I'm so stumped :-s

From what you have mentioned, just want to know... is the RN102 of your friend also runs on FW v6.2.2?

To further isolate the problem, is it possible for you to try inserting your own 128GB USB Drive to your friend's RN102 and check if it will detect it?
Message 14 of 16
mh5bl
Aspirant

I am running RN102 version 6.2.2
and a new out of the packet Patriot xporter pulse 8gb (PSF8GXPPUSB) does not work on my unit.
but a new out of the packet Lexar jumpdrive S70 8GB (LJDS70-8GBABEU REV-E) workS

both are fat32 and I tried formatting the Patriot
Message 15 of 16
Tommo2008
Aspirant

Ixa wrote:
Tommo2008 wrote:
Ixa wrote:

From what you have mentioned, just want to know... is the RN102 of your friend also runs on FW v6.2.2?

To further isolate the problem, is it possible for you to try inserting your own 128GB USB Drive to your friend's RN102 and check if it will detect it?

My friends RN102 is running 6.2.2, I havnt checked my drive on his 102 but I will when I can. We bought the same drives at the same time so I would assume it would work on there but ill let you know when I do.
Message 16 of 16
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements