× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyDR Setup HELP!!

HUMMER1987
Aspirant

ReadyDR Setup HELP!!

Hi I have been using Replicate for years and proably becuase its very straight forward havent had any major issues with it.

I am trying to setup ReadyDR and I cant seem to move past a point and was wondering if I am the only one...

I have two ReadyNAS devices both are remote from one another so need them to communicate remotly over the internet.

Now as I understand it the routers that each NAS is behind needs to have ports 5253 forwarded. I am sure I have done this correctly (have Draytek Routers at both locations) Also I have shared the access list of each machine with each other.

When I access the Nas and click readydr to create a new job and I select browse on the remote side it doesnt find anything. When i manually input the IP address of the rmeote locaiton and browse the shares I am presented with a password box. Enter the credentials and I get an internal error .

So I am basically not sure whats at fault, running the latest ersion of both NAS units, if anyone has any input it would be apprecaited.

Thanks

Model: RN51600|ReadyNAS 516 6-Bay Diskless
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyDR Setup HELP!!

Hi @HUMMER1987

Have you tried recreating the ReadyDR job? You will most likely to redo the exchange key and use Manual procedure. Also, instead of using the DNS can you use IP address?

Please see

Creating ReadyDR Job

ReadyDR Key exchange

We tried to replicate it on our units and seems to be working fine. I will try to check further if needed.

Hope this helps!

Regards

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @HUMMER1987

Welcome to the Community!

What Job direction are you trying to configure? Have you configured DNS on your network settings for each NAS? try toggling ReadyDR on both units as well.

Are you having this issue if you are conifiguring Local-Local or Local-Remote Job?

Regards

Message 2 of 6
HUMMER1987
Aspirant

Hi @Marc_V 

Thanks for the welcome, Netgear have always provided me with good euipment and so have never had the need to reach out to the community so really apprecaite your fast response...

I am trying to configure local to remote setup. 

Now between my two units I have managed to get the ReadyDR to perform succesfully however if I go to set up from the other unit and back up to the unit that can already perform the backups then I am presented with the error:

Connection Error - ReadyDR Internal Error. Please try again.

I get this when creating the job (use the DNS name) to access the other unit, enter the admin password then I get this error.

Very strange how both units are behind the same model of router, with the same settting, and the units are setup with the same setting s and firmware so really puzzling now how one works and one doesnt.

(With this said - I am now unsure if ReadyDR is the way to go as the backup that does work (260GB roughly) when it backs up it it backsup the entire amount (its been running for 40hrs)

Any thouts would be apprecaited.

Many Thanks

Tom

Message 3 of 6
HUMMER1987
Aspirant

Just thought I would add this...  this is the error I get when trying to connect my units together. 

Like I say one way the ReadyDr works so really cant understand why it wont work the other way.

Many Thanks

Message 4 of 6
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @HUMMER1987

Have you tried recreating the ReadyDR job? You will most likely to redo the exchange key and use Manual procedure. Also, instead of using the DNS can you use IP address?

Please see

Creating ReadyDR Job

ReadyDR Key exchange

We tried to replicate it on our units and seems to be working fine. I will try to check further if needed.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Message 5 of 6
HUMMER1987
Aspirant

Hi Mark

All sorted thanks for that.

I did the handshake again transfering the key exchange and restarted both units and this seemed to cure the issue.

Not sure what was wrong but all good now.

Greatly apprecaite your support

Tom

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements