Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Is R7000 compatible with the Virgin Media Super Hub 2

SebastienAxinte
Aspirant

Is R7000 compatible with the Virgin Media Super Hub 2

Hi,

I was wondering about moving to Virgin Media. Their current modem is the Super Hub 2.

I wanted to use this modem as a modem only (disabled routing) and use the R7000 as a router wireless.

Is these two devices compatibles?

Thanks,

Sebastien 

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
netwrks
Master

To use the R7000 as a router, you need to set you ISP router/modem combo into Bridge mode (that turns everything off and acts as a modem only). If you do not know the process of bridging your modem, you should contact your ISP. Then cable your R7000 (using WAN port) to a port on your modem. If you have it, use a CAT6 cable. CAT5e will work, but I have seen issues, that's why I suggest a CAT6 cable.

So like this ISPbridged modem lan port <--------->R7000 WAN Port (DHCP etc running off R7000)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
netwrks
Master

Well it is a docsis router / modem combo, so there shouldn't be issue with. It does support 10/100/1000mb. How do you want to use it? As a modem only? If yes, then you need to see if it can turned into bridge mode.. Do you wnat to use the R7000, as an Access Point? If you do there should not be any issue.

Message 2 of 5
SebastienAxinte
Aspirant

Yes that's right, I would like to use the Super Hub 2 Virgin Media as a modem only. I know it's possible, it's just an option to enable.

And then, link the R7000 with the Super Hub 2 to act as a router.

But I do not want to use the R7000 as an access point, I want the R7000 to act as a proper router and the Super Hub 2 as a simple modem.

Thanks

Message 3 of 5
netwrks
Master

To use the R7000 as a router, you need to set you ISP router/modem combo into Bridge mode (that turns everything off and acts as a modem only). If you do not know the process of bridging your modem, you should contact your ISP. Then cable your R7000 (using WAN port) to a port on your modem. If you have it, use a CAT6 cable. CAT5e will work, but I have seen issues, that's why I suggest a CAT6 cable.

So like this ISPbridged modem lan port <--------->R7000 WAN Port (DHCP etc running off R7000)

Message 4 of 5
SebastienAxinte
Aspirant

Thank you

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements