Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can’t find router

MB_Love
Apprentice

I did all of the above, used multiple devices, computers. I am so sick of Netgear- TONS of people are having same issue and Netgear acts clueless
Message 26 of 114
jkk4_1998
Apprentice

Furrye38, this does nothing to fix it. I, also am on Apple. Not only does the app not work, but the internet website does not work. I also have tried to access on my PC and am unable to connect to website as well. This seems to be a bug in the latest firmware release and has nothing to do with Apple. Netgear needs to address this issue. So, I have no clue as to what firmware I am on. I had been on 4.6.7.13 before and would assume that while I was away, they rolled out the new firmware. 
All of my RBK852 connections are working fine, but simply unable to see what’s going on.

Message 27 of 114
MB_Love
Apprentice

Couldn’t have said it better. The exact same issue, and tried everything short of factor reset (which I’m afraid to do, because who knows if router will ever be “found”)
Message 28 of 114
FURRYe38
Guru

If you've followed all this:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/NETGEAR-Mobile-Applications-and-Apple-Devices-FAQ/td-p/222...

And tried this:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-App/Nighthawk-app-not-connecting-but-Wi-Fi-works-gt-Try-T...

You'll need to contact NG support and let them know what your seeing. 

I've not seen this with my any of my Orbi systems since last Orbi app update. I had seen this on my 7 series however was resolved with last app update:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/Latest-update-not-showing-router-image/td-p/2208096/jump-t...

@jkk4_1998 wrote:

Furrye38, this does nothing to fix it. I, also am on Apple. Not only does the app not work, but the internet website does not work. I also have tried to access on my PC and am unable to connect to website as well. This seems to be a bug in the latest firmware release and has nothing to do with Apple. Netgear needs to address this issue. So, I have no clue as to what firmware I am on. I had been on 4.6.7.13 before and would assume that while I was away, they rolled out the new firmware. 
All of my RBK852 connections are working fine, but simply unable to see what’s going on.

Message 29 of 114
FURRYe38
Guru

If you've followed all this:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/NETGEAR-Mobile-Applications-and-Apple-Devices-FAQ/td-p/222...

And tried this:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-App/Nighthawk-app-not-connecting-but-Wi-Fi-works-gt-Try-T...

You'll need to contact NG support and let them know what your seeing. 

@MB_Love wrote:
Couldn’t have said it better. The exact same issue, and tried everything short of factor reset (which I’m afraid to do, because who knows if router will ever be “found”)

Message 30 of 114
MB_Love
Apprentice

I did everything short of a factory reset- which I’m afraid to do. WiFi is working, I just have zero access to My system via any route (ip address, Orbilogin, app). I have tried to access from multiple devices (iPad, iPhone, laptop, and desktop). This is something Netgear did- they NEED it o post a solution!!
Message 31 of 114
jkk4_1998
Apprentice

So, this is scary. Furrye38 seems to be unable to help here. Has anyone contacted Netgear to see if they have a resolution to this problem? Otherwise, it looks like it’s time to move on to another Router company. I paid tons for this system and to be told that I may have to do a factory reset to “maybe” fix this issue is totally unacceptable!

Message 32 of 114
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, So a factory reset will be needed here. If you can't even get in to the RBR web page with a desktop wired PC at the RBRs IP address of 192.168.1.1 or orbilogin.com

Turn OFF any RBS. These won't be needed to be factory reset. If you setup same SSID name and PW, they will resync later on.

https://kb.netgear.com/31486/How-do-I-reset-my-Orbi-system-to-factory-default-settings
Wire connect a PC to the router and factory reset the router using the back push pin button. Hold it in for 15 seconds then let go. Power OFF the ISP modem for 30 seconds than back on. Wait for the WHITE led to slowly pulsate on top of the RBR, then log in to 192.68.1.1 orbilogin.com using a web browser and walk thru the setup wizard. This time write down all important information for safe keeping later on.

Use MS Edge or Firefox for this...

@MB_Love wrote:
I did everything short of a factory reset- which I’m afraid to do. WiFi is working, I just have zero access to My system via any route (ip address, Orbilogin, app). I have tried to access from multiple devices (iPad, iPhone, laptop, and desktop). This is something Netgear did- they NEED it o post a solution!!

Message 33 of 114
MB_Love
Apprentice

I didn’t pay for the added support- so I really don’t want to pay for the support
Message 34 of 114
MB_Love
Apprentice

I don’t have a PC I can wire connect - laptops do not have Ethernet port.
Message 35 of 114
MB_Love
Apprentice

And I do have all important information- this is nothing I did on my end. Netgear somehow made our routers inaccessible.
Message 36 of 114
FURRYe38
Guru

I supposed you can connect to the default SSID name and pass word thats printed on the sticker that came on the RBR. Also would be on the sticker under the RBR I believe. 

There are inexpensive USB to ethernet adapters available out there on Amazon.

Message 37 of 114
Mitchcougar
Guide

I’m having the same problems.   Tried all the fixes from this post, nothing is working,   It was working a while back, I didn’t need it again until internet went down today.   Internet is working fine

Message 38 of 114
JackovSpades
Initiate

Re: Orbi App completely went to sh*t

Since the Orbi update on Apple yesterday same problem. Surely someone can answer the question without stupid guesses as to the problem. Not happy with the replies to this thread.

Message 39 of 114
megalodon
Initiate

Same issue here. No mobile device. Hardwired Windows browser. Can’t access webpage: ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED. Tried both HTTP and HTTPS.
Message 40 of 114
Ginamay
Initiate

Same thing happened last night. Orbi router got disconnected all of a sudden, then I unplugged the power source and it was back running after plugging it back in. But the app isn’t detecting the router anymore even with anywhere access. Although the network is working fine just the app not detecting. So has there been a solution to this. I don’t want to factory reset like other says I’m afraid it won’t even find the router ever again.
Message 41 of 114
MB_Love
Apprentice

Only solution so far is factory reset. Total BS, and an inexcusable error by Netgear.
Message 42 of 114
DubSyd
Guide

Same problem here. I just updated to the latest firmware today hoping it would help with ongoing stability issues with the satellites - and as soon as the router had the new FW I could no longer connect to it via browser or apps. I could see the moment it happened as I was doing a manual update via the browser connection to the router. It said it was updating - and then the browser couldn't connect to the router anymore.

Like others, I am not keen to do a factory reset for the hassle as well as the fact that the internet is working, and I don't want to mess with that.

We are not super tech savvy, and we thought we were getting a user-friendly solution to our ho

Message 43 of 114
DubSyd
Guide

oops - website froze when I was posting, and I didnt realise it had only saved part of my post.

Anyway - yes we have had a lot of issues with this system.

Message 44 of 114
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 45 of 114
js31pilot
Tutor

Even a factory reset didn't work......... beyond frustrated about the lack of Beta testing before the newest Firmware release.

Internet and WiFi works just fine......App is useless.  Kind of hard to control internet usage for kids through the app if I cant even get into the app lol..

Message 46 of 114
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 47 of 114
MB_Love
Apprentice

It’s NOT Apple!! It’s Netgear!!!
Message 48 of 114
DubSyd
Guide

Is there a method to notify Netgear of issues such as these without paying for actual support? The only contact option I can find is through the paid support. It seems like there should be an option to notify of issues so they can see when there is an issue that is impacting a large number of people.

Message 49 of 114
DubSyd
Guide

I just tried to connect to the router via a browser on a windows based computer, so definitely not an apple issue.

Message 50 of 114
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7