Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New - NetGear Orbi Firmware Version 2.3.0.32 now available...

FURRYe38
Guru

New - NetGear Orbi Firmware Version 2.3.0.32 now available...

FW 2.3.0.32 is now available on our support site : 

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RBK50.aspx#download

RBR/RBS 50 Series Only. 

To manually update the firmware, there is a need to load an intermediate firmware (2.2.1.212). We need to follow the following update path V2.2.1.210 --> V2.2.1.212 --> V2.3.0.32.

New feature and enhancements:

• Adds NETGEAR Armor support for SKUs with the RBR50 router. This includes the RBK50, RBK53, RBK50V, and RBK52W. 
  • Adds customer firmware pull.   
  • Expands the IP reservation function from 64 clients to 253 devices.
  • Adds weak admin password checking

Bug Fixes:

•  Includes bug fixes for stability when using Ethernet backhaul in large deployments:
    • Wireless backhaul might not change to Ethernet backhaul when an Ethernet cable is connected.
    • Reduces the time to stabilize topology with Ethernet backhaul
    • Reduces the Ethernet backhaul loop that might cause kernel panic
  • Includes bug fixes for stability and performance:
    •    Fixes the LAN/WAN bidirectional throughput on the DHCP mode drop issue.
    •    Fixes the downstream drop issue when port forwarding is enabled.
    •    Fixes the issue where some online games periodicity lag.
    •    Fixes the issue where the PPPOE connection unstable
  • Fixes the issue where the client’s connection type does not display correctly on the Attached Devices page:
    • Wireless client connection will show as wired
    • Client occasionally shows as connected to the wrong satellite
  • Fixes multiple IPV6 issues
  • Fixes an issue related to the SSID containing special characters
  • Fixes the issue where the user sometimes can't register their Orbi Voice  
  • Fixes the email address issue on the Security Email page
  • Updates the DDNS No-IP privacy policy
  • Fixes the following security issues:
    • Roll-out NETGEAR Q4 PSV items
  • [MR2.2][Guest Isolation] The guest client can access the GUI via an IPv6 address

Let us know how it works for you...

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System, RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System, RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only), RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only)
Message 1 of 386
alstsmith
Apprentice

Re: New - NetGear Orbi RBR50 / RBS50 Firmware Version 2.3.0.32 now available...

Satellite manually updated fine, but the router update doesn't work. I get the message

"Firmware file is incorrect! Please get the firmware file again and make sure it is the correct firmware for this product."

I'm defintiely trying to upload the RBR firmware not the RBS one. 

Message 2 of 386
kolella
Apprentice

I was able to update satellite but it won't update the router "This firmware file is incorrect! Please get the firmware file again and make sure it is the correct firmware for this product.". (file used for router was extraced from RBR50-V2.3.0.32.zip) 

Message 3 of 386
FURRYe38
Guru

You do have a 50 series Orbi system correct? 

What browser are you using? Try IE11, FF or Opera. 

Besure to clear ALL browser caches, then exit the browser then re-open it then try again. 

@alstsmith wrote:

Satellite manually updated fine, but the router update doesn't work. I get the message

"Firmware file is incorrect! Please get the firmware file again and make sure it is the correct firmware for this product."

Message 4 of 386
FURRYe38
Guru

You do have a 50 series Orbi correct? 

@kolella wrote:

I was able to update satellite but it won't update the router "This firmware file is incorrect! Please get the firmware file again and make sure it is the correct firmware for this product.". (file used for router was extraced from RBR50-V2.3.0.32.zip) 

Message 5 of 386
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: New - NetGear Orbi Firmware Version 2.3.0.32 now available...

My RBR50 does not "see" this firmware update.  Is there a consistent pattern of the time between the firmware being available on the download site and the Orbi update mechanism learning of it?

Message 6 of 386
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 7 of 386
kolella
Apprentice

Do you personaly have a 50 series router/satellite. Did you try the files included in the link you posted? or do joust post precompiled answers?

Message 8 of 386
FURRYe38
Guru

What happens if you manually download and apply? 

@CrimpOn wrote:

My RBR50 does not "see" this firmware update.  Is there a consistent pattern of the time between the firmware being available on the download site and the Orbi update mechanism learning of it?

Message 9 of 386
FURRYe38
Guru

Just confirming that you have a 50 series Orbi system is all. I've tagged the mod's on this. 

Thanks. 

@kolella wrote:

Do you personaly have a 50 series router/satellite. Did you try the files included in the link you posted? or do joust post precompiled answers?

Message 10 of 386
kolella
Apprentice

I've already lost one hour of my time to revert the satellite back to firmware 2.1.2 ...

Message 11 of 386
CrimpOn
Guru

@FURRYe38 wrote:

You do have a 50 series Orbi correct? 

@kolella wrote:

Yes, I have the RBR50 and RBS50.  My reason for asking is perhaps more "idle curiosity" than anything else.  For two years now, my Orbi has silently updated firmware a number of time.  I note that some community members recommend manually downloading and installing the files (sometimes even suggesting a factory reset as part of the process).  When this thread appeared, I logged into the RBR50 and checked "Advanced->Administration->Firmware Update.  I know there is probably an internal clock setting that prevents every RBR50 from hitting the download site at the same instant (i.e. spread the downloads over a period of time, perhaps even a week or more).  I just thought it fascinating that manually checking for new firmware would return "nope.  nothing available."

The beta testers seem positive about this firmware.  My personal practice has been to let the public release unveil any "oops" moments before taking any action.   (Such as the comment a minute ago that the satellite updated fine and the router firmware seemed to be an invalid file.)

Message 12 of 386
FURRYe38
Guru

This was posted from another thread from a forum Moderator

"The 2.3.0.32 FW you received is the offical FW not a beta you received it as part of limited FW push to test the FW process."

So NG seems to be limiting the push. To whom or how many, we'll not now probably. 

You'll have to keep checking to see. Who know when everyones 50 series will see it in the autoupdate. Smiley Frustrated

Message 13 of 386
Chetter
Tutor

Yup, I have the same. Manual update -> sattelite updated from 2.2.1.210 to 2.3.0.32 without problems. Router won't update. "This firmware file is incorrect".

Tried cleaning cache, tried different browsers, rebooted router, and my Orbi is not ISP branded.

I have a feeling issue is on NG side.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 14 of 386
NomadTech
Guide

Firmware is available on Netgear website specifically for manual update.

My 2 sattelites update fine, router reports Firmware file is incorrect! Please get the firmware file again and make sure it is the correct firmware for this product, so it will NOT update. Obviously the file is bad.

I tried various browsers and also before and after restarting the system.

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 15 of 386
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi All, 

There is an intermediate firmware that need to be loaded first to manually update the firmware 2.3.0.32. The said firmware should be available too in our support site. However, upon checking, it is not yet posted. 

Let me check this with the team and will get back for more information. 

Thank you!  

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 16 of 386
Chetter
Tutor

@Blanca_O wrote:

There is an intermediate firmware that need to be loaded first to manually update the firmware 2.3.0.32. 

Ok, good there is some clarity. Interesting though - firmware worked for satellite, but not router.

Message 17 of 386
FURRYe38
Guru

Try the intermediate v212 file before applying the .v32 file when v212 becomes available. 

@NomadTech wrote:

Firmware is available on Netgear website specifically for manual update.

My 2 sattelites update fine, router reports Firmware file is incorrect! Please get the firmware file again and make sure it is the correct firmware for this product, so it will NOT update. Obviously the file is bad.

I tried various browsers and also before and after restarting the system.

Message 18 of 386
Chetter
Tutor

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Try the intermediate v212 file before applying the .v32 file. 

And how do i get it? Share the link please.

Message 19 of 386
FURRYe38
Guru

Waiting on NG to post it...Please be patient. 

@Chetter wrote:

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Message 20 of 386
ErnestTheGreat
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Looks like the 2.2.1.212 FW is not posted on support site yet. For those that need the RBR50 FW 2.21.212 you can download it from here https://www.dropbox.com/s/34qdnx73uikusf7/RBR50-V2.2.1.212.zip?dl=0

Message 21 of 386
FURRYe38
Guru

Try this:

FW 2.21.212 you can download it from here https://www.dropbox.com/s/34qdnx73uikusf7/RBR50-V2.2.1.212.zip?dl=0

@Chetter wrote:

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Message 22 of 386
FURRYe38
Guru

Try this:

FW 2.21.212 you can download it from here https://www.dropbox.com/s/34qdnx73uikusf7/RBR50-V2.2.1.212.zip?dl=0

Then apply v32...

@kolella wrote:

I've already lost one hour of my time to revert the satellite back to firmware 2.1.2 ...

Message 23 of 386
FURRYe38
Guru

v212 needs to be applied to the RBR, then you can apply v32:

@alstsmith wrote:

Message 24 of 386
Chetter
Tutor

@ErnestTheGreat wrote:

Looks like the 2.2.1.212 FW is not posted on support site yet. For those that need the RBR50 FW 2.21.212 you can download it from here https://www.dropbox.com/s/34qdnx73uikusf7/RBR50-V2.2.1.212.zip?dl=0

Hi, it worked thanks. Will see if any issues with v32.

Message 25 of 386
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7