× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS750E WebInterface does not load after firmware 1.0.1.10 update

martgauvreau
Aspirant

GS750E WebInterface does not load after firmware 1.0.1.10 update

I'd have replied into this post

Re: GS750E WebInterface does not load after update... - NETGEAR Communities 

but it was closed.

So I'll paste the exact post here, so if someone do a google search as I did, it'll find my post as well.

-------------------------------------------

Hi Community,

anyone else having issues with the WebInterface being stuck at the "login" screen after updateing to version 1.0.1.10 ?

Both my GS750E do not load the webinterface after typing in the correct password. The UI returns to the login screen.

With an incorrect password the login area actually says "invalid password".

I am using the ESR Version of Firefox.

I had to install the ProSafe config utility to manage the switches, which at least works, but requires Windows OS.

Anybody with the same issue and/or a resolution?

Cheers Lukas

---------------------------------------------

I have the solution:

1. Install ProSafe Utility in the same subnet as the switch

2. Log in the switch using ProSafe Utility. Your password will work

3. Go in Maintenance and change your password to something more than 8 caracters

I personnaly had LD3hj0b! as password and the web interface always showed "Invalid Password". I've reset the password to LD3hj0b!!!!, and now I can log in via the web interface.

Hope it helps someone!

Cheers

Martin

Message 1 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Re: GS750E WebInterface does not load after firmware 1.0.1.10 update

https://kb.netgear.com/000061411/GS750E-Firmware-version-1-0-1-7?article=000061411 had introduced some New Features and Modifications:

• The default admin password must be changed to a unique password during the first login.
  • Changes the Switch Management Mode (System > Management > Switch Management Mode) default value from Web browser and Plus Utility to Web browser only.

This would prohibit the suggested workaround (because of the Netgear SDU protocol API does block the previous functionality to change the password). for security reasons.

Not sure if using the Firefox ESR had an impact on the required password change or if users have not used the Web UI before the 1.0.1.10 update before, requesting the input of a new password before.

Message 2 of 3
martgauvreau
Aspirant

Re: GS750E WebInterface does not load after firmware 1.0.1.10 update

we updated my customer's switch from 1.0.0.22 to 1.0.1.10. Haven't tried 1.0.1.7, as there was no update path mentioned.

Password was valid using ProSafe Utility, but not via the web interface, so I guess we were just lucky to not have to factory reset the switch.

Martin

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements