Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Not possible to set perms on new Cloud users

darkside
Aspirant

Not possible to set perms on new Cloud users

I have the ready nas 104 Running update 6.2.2

I am attempting to add some new cloud users to my device. They have successfully signed up to ready cloud and accepted the invite.

The new accounts are showing in the web interface however when I set the permissions I want them to have and click finish the changes are not being saved.

They are unable to access any folders and when i re open the share interface the settings i selected are blank.

I would appreciate any advice in solving this issue

Message 1 of 13
RX
Luminary
Luminary

Re: Not possible to set perms on new Cloud users

Have you tried to reboot your RN104?
Have you tried to let your ReadyCloud users to log-out/log-in back again?
Have you and your ReadyCloud users tried to use other browsers like Chrome in accessing ReadyCloud?
Message 2 of 13
darkside
Aspirant

Have you tried to reboot your RN104?

Yes twice now

Have you tried to let your ReadyCloud users to log-out/log-in back again?

yes several times

Have you and your ReadyCloud users tried to use other browsers like Chrome in accessing ReadyCloud?

I have used both firefox and chrome to attempt to set the permissions however with both browsers it is not saving the read/write access settings i select.
Message 3 of 13
Nhellie
Virtuoso

can you check the access rights of the folders?

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detai ... eadynas-os
Message 4 of 13
darkside
Aspirant

I have read through that document it needs updated with the changes that have happened to the interface.

The highlighted account is the one I'm trying to fix I give them read permissions on the folder and press finish. I ask them to check and they still see no folders.

When I close the options window (which I have to press cancel to do as there is no other way out) and re open the options the read tick box is empty.

I have tried several times It just wont save it and I can find no other way to set this permission.
Message 5 of 13
Nhellie
Virtuoso

can you try turning off readycloud on your NAS and and and enabling it back? After this try detecting it on the ReadyCloud and see if you can set permission?
Message 6 of 13
RX
Luminary
Luminary

From the screenshot you have posted, I think that after you click the Finish button, another screen will appear indicating that "Anyone Access" is checked for all shares. What if you try to uncheck "Anyone Access" for all shares so that the permissions you set (Read-Only or Write or Read/Write) will be fully implemented on the specific share for the ReadyCloud users?
Message 7 of 13
darkside
Aspirant

So yep did that blowing away the accounts that were working and no change on adding new accounts can not save permissions.

The user on the other end can see an empty home directory and nothing else.
Message 8 of 13
darkside
Aspirant

Ixa wrote:
From the screenshot you have posted, I think that after you click the Finish button, another screen will appear indicating that "Anyone Access" is checked for all shares. What if you try to uncheck "Anyone Access" for all shares so that the permissions you set (Read-Only or Write or Read/Write) will be fully implemented on the specific share for the ReadyCloud users?

No box pops up I get the little spinny working animation then when it ends the finish button becomes unusable only option is to hit cancel to close.
Message 9 of 13
RX
Luminary
Luminary

darkside wrote:
Ixa wrote:

No box pops up I get the little spinny working animation then when it ends the finish button becomes unusable only option is to hit cancel to close.

It could be that you have already uncheck "Anyone Access" on all shares that is why it won't appear anymore. It is because I have just tried it with my own RN316. I even turned off/on ReadyCloud and the permissions that I have set has remained.
Message 10 of 13
darkside
Aspirant

I set up the initial cloud users months ago with custom permissions without issue.

Since updating to 622 i have had no end of problems when making changes to the box.

I checked the cloud users on the local admin and there are 2 users that don't exist in the readycloud management page It wont let me delete them. It wont let me change permissions.

I can add and remove users via the ready cloud management but apparently not change permissions.

I have had a look around and cant find the "anyone access" you are talking about to check
Message 11 of 13
RX
Luminary
Luminary

My RN316 is also currently on FW v6.2.2. To isolate further, why not create a test share then try to set permissions on the test share via ReadyCloud.

You may want to try the new Beta Firmware as per this forum link as it has many fixes: viewtopic.php?t=78866
Message 12 of 13
darkside
Aspirant

LOL the test folder is flagging up that anyone access thing you were talking about so that's 1 question answered.

However it wont even save that setting when I uncheck it. I think I may have to look at that firmware upgrade but that's not a 1am task 🙂
Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements