Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyCloud V1.16 - Online (vpn Disconnected)

Dieselngas
Follower

ReadyCloud V1.16 - Online (vpn Disconnected)

Hi All,

I have had a recurring issue with the Desktop App not being able to connect when working remotely to my Home network.

Windows 7 32bit

Desktop App V1.16

ReadyNAS 102 with 6.8.0 Firmware

I cannot log in remotely using the Desktop App no matter what I try and do.

Uninstalled / Reinstalled Desktop App.

Logged in and out too many times to count.

I have not worried so much as web access works even though it is slower, but recently I have had need to continually access files remotely and am finding the delays / slowness frustrating.  I do not understand why this seems to be a recurring issue that never seems to be solved.

Any ideas, support on how to get this working remotely would be appreciated.

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 5
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyCloud V1.16 - Online (vpn Disconnected)

Hi Dieselngas,

Welcome to the Community!

Please try to disconnect and reconnect the Readycloud service from the cloud tab on the admin page of the NAS. You may also try turning off firewall or anti-virus that may affect the Readycloud client. You may also try updating the firmware of your NAS to 6.9.0.

Regards,
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Dieselngas,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution.

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 5
Strathberry
Aspirant

Good morning team,

I am having exactly the same issue here. 

Firmware on our ReadyNAS is 6.9.3 

ReadyCloud App on the MacBook client machine is 1.6

We have other machines that are currently remotely connected so I don't assume it is an issue with the NAS.

Any ideas?

Kindly,

Teo

Model: RN214|4 BAY Desktop ReadyNAS Storage
Message 4 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

To get VPN connection,ReadyCLOUD client should active VPN network interface correctly and obtain a 5.*.*.* IP address.

How to check if there is 5.*.*.* IP address after login ReadyCLOUD client

Windows

go to Network Connection window,right click on Leaf Networks Adapter,properties.

Mac OSX

Open terminal and execute command "ifconfig -a" to check if there is a tap0 interface activated.

Changing DNS is worth a try to fix VPN disconnected issue.you can try Google DNS(8.8.8.8).

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements